cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre65 speed Issues

Grantos
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 67 of 67

I am on Fibre65 and have been with TalkTalk for about 15 years with no problems-My speeds have now dropped to Download 47.1mbps  Upload 0.5mbps.

Previously on Fibre65 I was getting Download 67.1mbps Upload 16.4mbps.

I have spoke on the chat for over 1hr and was just going round in circles with them until I then had to stop the chat as I was going out.

Can somebody help me so as I can speak over the phone with an engineer that knows what they are talking about.

0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66

Message 1 of 67

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 67

Thanks Karl

0 Likes

Message 3 of 67

Hi

I've got the BT Reference here, and access to the Openreach portal, so can see engineer notes etc.

I'll check this after the weekend and confirm with you here, what they have done and if further action is required.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 67

The problem is I wont know when the problem as been rectified. Shall I do a speed test every day to check or will they contact me to let me know has been rectified? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 67

Hi

Because the tests are failing, This is a non appointed visit, meaning that Openreach will request the local fibre engineer to look at the circuit first to see if they can resolve without visiting your property, and if access is requested, they will get in touch.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 67

Thanks Karl, could you let me know the day they will be coming and if am or pm thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 67

Hi

Tests are showing an increase in errors, so I have logged this to Openreach now requesting an engineer to look at the circuit and have also added a note about a possible issue at the port.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 67

Hi Karl-The Engineer came and found no problem in the property but said the speed coming to the property was not what it should be. She replaced the internal box socket and then went outside to the main box. I spoke to her over the phone as she was out at the main box and checked the speeds, at first it went up and then dropped again, she said over the next 10 days will stabalise and should get the correct speeds, if it didnt I was to contact her. 

I have contacted her to tell her the speeds have dropped again to Download: 42.4 Upload: 0.60. She thinks then the problem will be the fibre port and needs changing in the main box outside and if it is not her that comes out then to tell the engineer that comes out.

She also said it would need reporting to TalkTalk again so they can send an engineer to change the fibre port. Can you book an engineer for me please Karl?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 67

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 67

Thanks Karl😊

0 Likes

Message 11 of 67

Hi

Engineer is booked in for Tomorrow 3rd AM (8-1).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 67

Hi Chris tomorrow is ok thanks, could you give me an idea if will be am or pm😊

0 Likes

Message 13 of 67
0 Likes

Message 14 of 67

Hi Chris just out at the moment, will let you know when I get back. Cheers

0 Likes

Message 15 of 67

We may be able to get an appointment for tomorrow, would you still prefer that we leave it until you come back from holiday?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 67

Hi Michelle, I am on holiday from the 4th September 2024 and return 12th September 2024. After this date I am available. Please send the date the engineer will turn up and I will ensure I am in. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 67

I accept potential time related engineer charges.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 67

Hi Grantos

I'm sorry, we can't see emails that you send to us. Could you send me the information in a PM please 

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 67

Hi Michelle-I have sent an email to you regarding an engineer visit. Can you let me know when the visit will be taking into account the information I have sent you in the email. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 67

Unfortunately we can't manually adjust the upload or download speed as this is managed by DLM to provide the best balance between stability and speed for the line. If the connection looks unstable then DLM won't increase the speed any further in case it causes more problems with the stability. If we raise the upload speed to an engineer visit then we can't guarantee that Openreach will be able to increase this further.

If you'd like to go ahead with the engineer visit then we can arrange it for you here. Could you confirm that you accept potential time related engineer charges and also provide a few days availability AM (8-1) and PM (1-6) and we'll book the first available visit for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes