cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre65 speed Issues

Grantos
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 67 of 67

I am on Fibre65 and have been with TalkTalk for about 15 years with no problems-My speeds have now dropped to Download 47.1mbps  Upload 0.5mbps.

Previously on Fibre65 I was getting Download 67.1mbps Upload 16.4mbps.

I have spoke on the chat for over 1hr and was just going round in circles with them until I then had to stop the chat as I was going out.

Can somebody help me so as I can speak over the phone with an engineer that knows what they are talking about.

0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66

Message 21 of 67

Hi Michelle, The problem is with the upload speed as you can see from previous comments. I do reboot every so often.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 67

Hello again,

Thanks for confirming. You can now re-connect your previous router. The connection looks unstable at the moment. If all testing has been completed at the test socket with 2 different routers and cables then the next step would be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. Is the connection unstable or have you been rebooting/switching off the router?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 23 of 67

Hi Michelle, yes the talktalk router is connected to the test socket. Would you let me know when I can re-place with my own router-Thanks

0 Likes

Message 24 of 67

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. I've re-run the line test now which has detected - Impairment in copper joint detected most likely close to customer premises

Is the router currently connected to the test socket at the moment?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 25 of 67

Hi Michelle, I have now connected the Talktalk router to the main socket using the microfilter. Could you let me know when you have finished and the results so as I can re connect my own router. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 26 of 67

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Would it be possible to connect the router today before 3pm?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 27 of 67

The support team won't be back online until Monday now. When you do connect the TalkTalk router again make sure you do so at the test socket using a plugin microfilter. 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 67

Hi Michelle-I am now having to revert back to my router-You tell me when you are online next and if I am in will revert back to the Talktalk router-Check the attachment figures when I was on the Talktalk router. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 29 of 67

Let me know when you have completed the check so as I can revert back to my own router-Thanks

0 Likes

Message 30 of 67

Hi Michelle-I am now connected to the TalkTalk router on the main socket-If you can do the test as soon as possible-I have done a test myself via wifi-See attachment

Talktalk Router wireless.png
0 Likes

Message 31 of 67

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. When the line tests are clear then we have to do our usual tests of testing with a different router and also testing at the test socket just to rule this out. Please let us know once the other router is connected and we can re-check your connection stats for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 32 of 67

Hi Michelle, yes I do have. I will dig it out and let you know in the next few days. I do think we are going around in circles as anybody can see from the results I have sent you and the Openreach result I have sent you, there is a big problem with my upload speed. How long will we keep going checking results, routers before somebody says, we will look into it and deal with it😊

0 Likes

Message 33 of 67

Morning,

Do you have a TalkTalk router that you could connect for a short period so that we can re-check the connection stats again please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 34 of 67

Hi Michelle, I have not tested with a different router. I have used my own TP-Link Archer VR2800. My download looks ok but the upload speed is nowhere near where it should be. Test my postcode on the Openreach site. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 35 of 67

Hi,

Can I just confirm, have you recently tested with a different router to see how the connection/speed compares? If not then I think we should send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Grantos
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 67

My upload speed is not even reaching the minimum speed as given by Openreach based on my postcode. Why is this and what can I do about it please?

0 Likes

Grantos
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 67

I have now hard wired instead of using the wifi and these are my results. See images

I have also done a check with Openreach based on my postcode and these are the min and max upload speeds. See image

It looks like the download speed is ok but the upload speed is a disaster what I am getting from you

Speedtest Hardwired.pngSpeedtest Hardwired 2.pngOpenreach by my postcode.png
0 Likes

Message 38 of 67

@Grantos 

What are the results like if you test with a wired connection?

0 Likes

Message 39 of 67

Yes they have gone back 2 months. It's been like this for ages as you can see from my results I posted, but I couldn't be bothered to do anything about it at the time till now. Since I put the 3 screen grabs up I have had no reply🤔

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 67

@Karl-TalkTalk, are @Grantos's upload speeds not unbelievably poor for a Fibre65 connection?

They are no better than my basic ADSL "Fast Broadband" copper only service upload speeds, which luckily sometimes approach 0.9.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.