cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Support leaked that my internet was being Throttled because of high traffic... and now it's happenin

PrivacyMatters
Participant
Private Message
Private Message

Message 21 of 21

For the past 4 days i've been having my Fibre Connection go up and down every 5-10 seconds. In my task manager the network shows a Ziz zag like this /\______/\______/\______/\ at constant intervals. 

I had the horrid and laborious ordeal of having to live chat with the automated Talk talk tech support, an hour later and lots of frustrating questions like "Do you have this socket? Do you have wifi connected?" is so unecessary. I wish you'd remember these questions for every single time I have to talk to you as it gets very frustrating.

The tech member this morning "refreshed my session" which was disactivated because of high traffic. I'm sorry what? I'm paying this much to be throttled due to too much traffic where my connection is constantly being disconnected ?  It's a good thing i'm no longer in a contract. 

The worst part is I can't even report a new fault because it says " Fault FIXED". Sorry, it was fixed for half a day then tonight the same thing is happening... Throttled and disconnected YET AGAIN! 

My phone number is obscured for customer security  Support are very frustrating in particular because I am on "legacy fibre" so I have to constantly explain my self, go through the steps with one very very slow typing agent, then get transferred and repeat myself, and then answer these horrid questions about what router i'm using.

Surely talk talk can see what router i'm using as you have a direction connection to it and can even see the firmware version i'm on!!!?!?!?  

Can someone competent please resolve my issue before I leave? Your automated system says Fault found, doing more tests.... then 5 minutes later is showing as Fault fixed. I'm sorry what???

Shocking that simply putting me as a higher priority and refreshing my connection made it work for half a day and now it seems i'm seemingly not allowed to use the internet as the same issue is occuring within 24 hours. This is not acceptable TalkTalk. 

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20