cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Technical Support Request: Persistent Internet and Landline Connectivity Issues

vivix
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

I am writing to report persistent connectivity issues that I have been experiencing with both my internet and landline services over the past two days.

Internet Issue:

• The WiFi connection intermittently drops every minute.
  • When connected, there is no internet access.
  • Troubleshooting steps already performed:
    • Restarted the router multiple times.
    • Restored the router to factory settings.
    • Reconnected all cables and ensured they are securely plugged in.
  • Router model: TalkTalk WiFi Hub Sagemcom FAST 5364 AC1200 Dual-Band

Landline Issue:

• Upon dialing, the landline phone only produces static and unusual noises instead of the normal dial tone.

Despite these efforts, the issues remain unresolved. I kindly request your technical assistance to diagnose and rectify these connectivity problems at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi @Stooped-labrat 

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Stooped-labrat
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 14

Wow..are you actually getting anywhere with this or just going around in circles. We have a similar problem, but BT were quick(a few days) to look into this. we now have a same problem with router drooping out and the "test"TalkTalk do finding another fault on the line, which means jumping thru the same checks and resetting etc. we work  from home and its vital to be connected. I'm interested in this because this does seem an issue that come up again and again. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi @vivix 

Openreach have closed the fault as cleared (resolved)

Is everything working ok now?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi,

I understand. We'll keep checking the fault ticket here and will post an update back as soon as we receive an update from Openreach directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

vivix
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 14

Thank you for the update.

I appreciate that you've identified a potential external line fault and have passed this over to Openreach for investigation.

However, I still need to know when the engineer from Openreach will attempt to fix the issue.

Please understand my frustration; this is the third day I am unable to use the service I am paying for.

Timely updates and a clear resolution timeline would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hello,

Thank you. I've re-run the line test and it's now showing a potential external line fault so I've passed this over to Openreach to complete an external line investigation. You can now re-connect your equipment again. We'll re-check again first thing in the morning for an update for you and we'll post back here.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

vivix
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 14

20240718_121238.jpg

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi vivix

Thank you.

This socket should have a test socket underneath the face plate.

Could you remove the lower section of the face plate so we can run a line test with everything removed from the line including the face plate?

0 Likes

vivix
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 14

20240718_115712.jpg

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi @vivix 

Would it be possible to post a photo of your master socket/set up on this thread?

0 Likes

vivix
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 14

Good morning Michelle,

Thank you for your message.

I only have the main socket with two inputs. One input is connected to the stationary phone, while the other has a thin cable connected to the Openreach white box, which is then connected to the TalkTalk router.

This setup has been in place since 2017 and was working fine.

Today marks the third day that I have been unable to use the services for which I am paying.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a loop fault (LOOP CONDITION DETECTED). Does your main socket have a test socket please? If it does then please can you connect the microfilter, router and phone directly at the test socket so we can re-run the line test again in this set up.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

vivix
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Occasionally, the Internet reconnects along with the WiFi, usually for about 10 or 15 minutes, then we have to wait for it to come back again. The router indicates that everything is fine. I am convinced that the issue does not lie within my home, but rather in the outside box - external cables.

Phone signal is unavailable for last 2 days.

0 Likes