FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Fibre 65 - TalkTalk not providing contract Minimum Speed.

jfmiow
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 4

As I've listed previously following an upgrade to Fibre 65, I am not receiving the contract download minimum speed.

Speeds achieved on the following dates, at my router.

24/5/21    30.6/16.4 Mbps

25/5/21    30.5/16.4

26/5/21    30.7/16.4

27/5/21    37.5/14.6

28/5/21    32.4/14.7

29/5/21    35.7/14.7

30/5/21    36.4/14.5

31/5/21    35.2/14.4

TalkTalk engineers  visited my house on 21st May and the download speed they recorded was

33 Mbps. The engineer stated that the speed was capped at 35 Mbps.

Clearly, Talktalk is unable to comply with the download speed as per the Fibre 65 contract and I would like to receive an explanation as to why this is the case and what action Talktalk propose to rectify the situation.

Interestingly, my next door but one neighbour records an average download speed of 75 Mbps.

jfmiow
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

The costs of the service should be around the same.  The predicted speeds for your line are around the 40mb mark, so I do agree that fibre 65 may not be suitable unless you need the higher upload speeds.

If you give our customer loyalty teams a call they can downgrade the service for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi Karl

I don't know if you received my reply to your query re shutting down the router for 30 mins.  I replied that I had carried out this procedure more than once during the past two months.

I note from the Talktalk availability page, today, that I can only expect to receive a download speed of 36.8 Mbps, at my address.  This being the case, why was I sold a Fibre 65 contract?

Clearly, Talktalk is unable to provide me, with the guaranteed speeds as set out in the contract. Consequently, the service should be changed to a Fibre 35 contract and compensation should be made for the reduced service provided during the past two months.

Regards John McIntosh

jfmiow
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Line tests are clear and you are on the correct fibre product, but the DLM profile on the openreach side is stuck at 40mb.

Usually this will need to be raised for an Openreach engineer as only they can reset DLM for us.

Before we do this, can I just check, that following the recent upgrade you powered down the router for 30 minutes to restart the session ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes