FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Fibre 35 when our line can't support it

Durks7
Conversation Starter
Message 113 of 113

We were offered the free upgrade to Fibre 35 a few weeks ago. Sounded great until the day of the switch when the Openreach engineer called to tell me the switch had happened but that we cannot receive fibre at out property. Apparently there is fibre to the cabinet but the line from the cabinet to our house just will not support it. I asked him to switch us back to ADSL but he told me that was not possible without Talk Talk instructing that.

Fast forward a few weeks we are getting sub 4Mbps speeds and the connection is virtually unusable. I've called technical support repeatedly (over 6 hours on the phone) and apparently we can't be "downgraded" back to ADSL. 

Yesterday I spoke to the "Better Value Team" who apparently manage this sort of thing and raised a formal complaint with them. No contact from anyone and this morning our Broadband has stopped working altogether. With two of us working from home to say I am frustrated is an understatement.

I'd appreciate some sort of assitance with what, in my mind, should be a simple fix to an issue that shouldn't have happened in the first place!

112 REPLIES 112

Message 101 of 113

Sorry I should have added - can't you just arrange for us to be connected back to ADSL?

0 Likes

Message 102 of 113

Hi Debbie the router isn't the issue though. We are just going round in circles here. The only option is to go back to ADSL. Both the Brightsparks and Openreach engineers have confirmed that. Not sure what additional evidence is required?

0 Likes

Message 103 of 113

Hi Durks7

The line test is not detecting any issues.

Would it be ok with you if I send a different router for you to keep? We would then allow DLM 48hrs to see if the connection remains stable and if it then increases the speed.

0 Likes

Message 104 of 113

He also said the only option we have is to go back to ADSL

0 Likes

Message 105 of 113

Hi Debbie - we had a Brightsparks engineer visit last week and he brought a new route to test if that helped. I added 0.5 Mbps and he told me he couldn't leave it for us to use. He also confirmed this issue is fibre isn't available to our house. Apparently a common issue 

0 Likes

Message 106 of 113

Hi Durks7

Thanks for confirming your details.

I can see that the connection is dropping and this can affect the sync speed.

I can also see that you are using a DSL3782 router, have we not sent you a new router?

0 Likes

Message 107 of 113

Thanks Debbie. I think speeds were around the 8 Mbps level before - not great but at least useable.

Message 108 of 113

Hi Durks7

Also I can see that you are using a DSL3782 router, have we not sent you a new router?

0 Likes

Message 109 of 113

Hi Durks7

Thank you. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can look into this further.

Can I also check, what speed were you receiving before the upgrade?

0 Likes

Message 110 of 113

Hi Debbie - thanks for that. I've updated my contact details as requested. look forward to hearing from you.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 111 of 113

Hi,
You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 112 of 113

Hi Durks7

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes