FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Fibre 65 but no change in speeds

Veiled
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

Hi there,

I have recently upgraded to Fibre 65 but I am seeing no difference in speeds when I do speedtest it is 38 Mbps.

This is what I am getting on Service Center;

Speed to your Router

Est. speed: 31 Mbps - 39 Mbps
Measured speed today: 38 Mbps

Is there anything you can help with to increase speed or would you suggest downgrading back to my old contract?

Regards,

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi Veiled

Private Message now sent 🙂

You should see a notification in the top right corner of the Community Page.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 15

Hi Veiled

Apologies for the delay. I'm just getting your PM's enabled. 

I will post back as soon as the Private Message has been sent.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Thanks. Debbie, not sure where to check private messages as I couldn't find this in my profile.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi Veiled

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 5 of 15

Morning Debbie,

Yes please if it is going to solve the issue and wont interrupt me from working for too long lets do that.

Regards,

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Good Morning Veiled

Thank you 🙂

I've completed another line test with the router at the test socket and this is still detecting the same fault.

The next step will be an engineer visit to the property, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 7 of 15

Hi Debbie, I am connected to the test socket now. Have done speed tests but it is still the same. I will leave it like this overnight so you can do testing on your side. Please let me know when you are done.

Regards,

Message 8 of 15

Hi Veiled

Thank you. Would it be ok to leave the router at the test socket overnight so I can run a line test tomorrow morning?

Debbie

Message 9 of 15

Hi Debbie,

I will try to do this in the evening when I get home and send a reply when it's ready.

Regards,

Message 10 of 15

Hi Veiled

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket? We can then run another line test in this set up.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your reply. I think my router is connected to the master socket I haven't touched it since the install. I am not using my landline to make phone calls but I have been experiencing sudden disconnection of broadband frequently.

Is there anything I can do from my side or would you advise an engineer visit? 

Regards,

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 15

Hi Veiled

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Is your router connected at the test socket? Are you experiencing any faults with the landline service when making calls?

Veiled
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 15

Thanks for your quick reply Skynet. I will do as you suggest and update my details accordingly and hopefully someone from the team can advise further.

Regards,

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi @Veiled,

If you are now on Fibre 65, but your estimated speeds are 31 to 39 then being on Fibre 65 is pointless, as Fibre 35 can provide speeds of up to 40. 

The staff here will be able to check and confirm that it is indeed correct that your line can only support speeds of up to 39, if they confirm that is the case then you could contact the loyalty team to revert back to Fibre 35.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.