cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Upload speed much faster than download speed

Lurgius
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

I am currently seeing a throttled upload speed of 16Mb/s (all good so far), however download speed is extremely limited (and limiting) at only 1 or 2Mb/s, regardless of whether the device connected to the router over ethernet or Wifi.

I have gone through the usual checks, such as disconnecting all other devices, various router / factory resets, manual channel setting, even changing the broadband cable into the router.  The good tech support folks have so far looked into this and reported only that the wifi connection is 'congested'.  Attempts to decongest the line have been unsuccessful.

There have been no changes in the set up of other devices in the household and the problem has persisted for 5 days with no sign of improvement, suggesting either an issue with the router or with the master socket.  I am reluctant to accept an engineer's visit if there is a technical solution available that I am able to implement and wondered if anyone has encountered a similar issue?

Previous issues whilst living in the vicinity have generally been with the master socket, however in these cases both upload and download speeds have been affecting, suggesting that this issue is a bit different.

I've reluctantly now had to inform Talktalk of loss of service.

For reference, I using EchoLife DG8041W Home Gateway, currently running on default settings

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Lurgius,

Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Good morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes