cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

XBOX and NAT

brighamrob
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

My xbox doesnt connect directly via wifi to my router, but does allow a NAT via a wifi extender.  Can sometome talk through what settings i need to change on my talktalk router to get it to connect directly?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

Is the XBox connected to the TP-Link or direct to the 5464? What is the firewall level set to in the 5464, it needs to be on medium. To check this, log into the router & go to (desktop not mobile browser):-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > Access Control > Firewall

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

brighamrob
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

It is now a FAST5464.  TT upgraded me as the older version's firmware couldnt be updated..  The router through LAN/Wifi was working a few weeks ago and i have changed NO settings.

Extender is a TP link WA854RE

It worked plug n play, so i havent got a clue about UDP or TCP ports.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Yes I can help you, but I need more information.

What make/model of router & extender do you have? What TCP or UDP ports do you want to allow coming in from the internet to your XBox?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes