cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

alternative routers

Riley321
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 59 of 59

I have a sagecom fast 5364 wifi hub which is having multple disconnections although some are only for a matter of seconds, The logs show that there are constant errors with the message DNS resolution failure and the router speed fluctuates. The router incoming speed is 75-77 mbps but only 67-68 mbps on the output side regardless of how many household items i have attached. I have rebooted the router several times including taking the router back to factory settings. The output of the router including the disconnections are measured using a Sam Knows white box which monitors the router performance for Ofcom. Does anyone have any ideas on how to a) resolve the DNS failure problem. b) solve the problem of the unit disconnecting, c) obtain a reasonably constant speed. Failing this advice on alternative affordable routers would be appreciated. Note that the line has been checked and everything seems to be fine. If i contact technical services all they do is run through the same check list finishing with a test where you have to re-contact them where the list is repeated.

Regards

Riley321

0 Likes
58 REPLIES 58

Message 21 of 59

Hi Riley321

Thank you.  I will check in with you next week.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 22 of 59

Hi Debbie

It will be okay to update the router when the team have sorted the problem. The router is left on 24/7 so anytime. Many thanks for your help and patience in trying to sort my problem out, hopefully it will all be okay.

Regards

Riley321

Message 23 of 59

Hi Riley321

Thanks for your reply.

I've just been advised by our Devices Team that we are still experiencing an issue pushing the update out to routers and this should be resolved within the next week.

Will it be ok if I try this again next week?

0 Likes

Message 24 of 59

Hi Debbie

No problem with updating the router, I have now reset everything on my system and i added items 1 by 1 with checks in between each item, a couple of errors showing on the logs but it is in regard to the sky Q box. i have turned off the wifi on the sky q so hopefully all sorted.  anytime is suitable for the upgrade as we will can log off 

Regards

Riley321

0 Likes

Message 25 of 59

Hi Riley321

Thanks for your reply.

Will it be ok if we update your new routers firmware?

I can ask our Devices Team to push the FW update to your router. 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 59

Hi Debbie

The Router is now set up and there are still a few little DNS failures but not as many, unfortunately i have not been able to spend much time on it due to family emergencies. I have come across 1 item on the network i don't recognise so i will probably reset the router and add items on to the network 1 by 1. is it okay to hold onto both routers for another few days, Note that on the day the router arrived i received a notification that my old router had been received for disposal?

Regards

Riley321

0 Likes

Message 27 of 59

Hi Riley321

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 28 of 59

Hi Riley321

Yes please test the router for a little while to see how the connection compares.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 29 of 59

Hi Debbie

I will let you know but should i setup the replacement router for a day or two first

Regards

Riley321

Message 30 of 59

Hi Riley321

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 31 of 59

Hi Debbie

That would help as i am fairly sure that there is no problem with the line and the in side of the router seems pretty steady at 75mbps it is only the house side that has problems in speed or DNS failures

Regards

Riley321

Message 32 of 59

Hi Riley321

Thanks for your reply.

Would you like me to send a replacement router so we can rule this out?

0 Likes

Message 33 of 59

Hi Debbie

I cant remember exact times but i think the router has been here for about a year. (I did have a problem with the line and router which was caused by a faulty connection in a Openreach cabinet which was resolved at the time by an engineer changing the setup in their equipment0

Regards

Riley321

0 Likes

Message 34 of 59

Hi Riley321

Have we recently sent you a replacement router for testing to rule out any potential issues with your current router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 35 of 59

Hi Chris

i forgot to say router is 1m from master socket and is 1-1.2m above floor level and facing into room with no obstructions.

Regards

Riley321

0 Likes

Message 36 of 59

Hi Chris

all items apart from 360radar are in the same room no more than 5m from router, 360radar is still 5-6 m from router with doors and single block wall between 

regards

Riley321

0 Likes

Message 37 of 59

No problem, does it make any difference how far the wireless devices is from the router? If the device is close to the router in the same room, are the speeds still low?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 38 of 59

Thanks Chris

0 Likes

Message 39 of 59

Thanks, I'll take a look (I've removed the pdf as it contains your phone number)

0 Likes

Private Message

Message 40 of 59

Hi Chris 

ethernet speeds are higher, the attached pdf shows the result of a speed test i have just done

Regards

Riley321

0 Likes