cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

new full fibre from TT but they didnt cancel my existing phone/broadband with SEE

bazdvd
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Ordered full fiber via the internet and it was installed and live in December.

The openreach engineer said the landline would switch off in a day or so.

Turns out TT never canceled my phone and internet with SEE internet and now i have 2 1/2 months of bills after i had to call them myself to cancell.

I did speak with TT in January to say the line was still live but was told it had been cancelled and to speak with the provisioning team on the phone.

Spoke with them and they said if i get charged they will cover the cost but now they are saying they wont.

Should it not have been cancelled by TT in the first place?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi bazdvd

If you signed up to a data only package, there would be no request to take the number which would normally start the migration process,  but with Full Fibre ( FTTP) that process does not exist therefore as the named account holder you will need to contact your old provider. 

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Message 2 of 7

no screenshot or recording but the agent i spoke on the phone with logged it on their system as when i called again laterr the other agent read what they had written and then advised me to call the provisioning team.

Every agent i spoke with including those that were done via the chat feature on TTs website assured me the line had been cancelled.

I have changed ISPs many times over the last 25-30 years and every time the service was migrated over. At no point during the signup process with TT was it mentioned that this would not be the case with a fibre install. As it asks what ISP you are currently with etc. i would assume the same would apply.

I have also googled a lot but can find no info relating to cancelling a copper service yourself.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

TT would not realise you wished to leave your current provider and lose the phone phone line as you can order full fibre as a standalone service in addition to a copper line service if you wish, some people do have two connections over the different infrastructure to the same property

They would only have had a clue IF you had asked to port your number to a Fibre 150 PLUS VoIP service.

I hope you have a screenshot or recording of their offer to pay for the extra charges from your previous ISP.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

This is something which your previous provider should have advised you about more clearly, @bazdvd.

The other way around, that is, leaving Talktalk, they say to always make sure that the service has been correctly cancelled. 

Screenshot_20230319-134643_Chrome.jpg

This is from these pages:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

There are currently so many types of product available with different nuances in the packages, and different infrastructure suppliers, that it really is pretty chaotic out there. As a buyer, you can't be too careful about checking procedure. 

Some of the responsibility does lie with your previous supplier. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

bazdvd
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

i signed up via the TT website. As it asks what ISP you are currently with and if you require a phone line or not i would assume TT realize i no longer need the old phone and internet package.

At no point during the signup process or welcome emails etc does it mention that i would need to cancel my ISP and landline myself.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

If you did not ask TT to take your phone number as part of the process then TT would not know you had a service with SEE and TT would have no reason to contact your previous provider.

Did you make that request or just order data only fibre ?

The Openreach engineer would only have been correct if your phone line service was with TT.

0 Likes