FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waiting all day for an engineer to come install the master socket

jay_ghai
Team Player
Message 14 of 14

i took a day off from work so i could get my new talk talk contract sorted as the engineer was meant to come in today (19th august before 1 o clock) to install the master socket . 

no one came , just been trying to call and online chatting . no one could help ! 

makes me think why did I even renew the contract as I moved to a new address . 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi jay_ghai,

I've ordered a replacement router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Chris

0 Likes

jay_ghai
Team Player
Message 2 of 14

I tried an old router and its working perfect, can you please send me a new router ? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

yes on Wi-Fi I'm getting 24-25mb and 4mb upload , but with cable only 6-10 mb and upload of less than 1mb . seems to be a problem with router as i tried factory reset and even tried 2 different cables . 

can you please confirm my guaranteed upload and download speed . 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi jay_ghai,

Sync speed is now 31.1Mbps, have you noticed any speed improvement since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 14

@jay_ghai, staff will be back from Tuesday, to follow this up. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

jay_ghai
Team Player
Message 6 of 14

well after 10 days wait its working but ! this is what I'm getting on a 35mb line . tried 2 different cables .

11954490311[1].png1#

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi jay_ghai

Apologies for this.

I have escalated this over to our Order Management Team to investigate and they will contact you to provide an update.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

i did ask them too check the line , i just met them out side my house when i was leaving for work as i was not aware of anyone coming today to fix a line . 

when i connect to the internet it just comes up with 

http://connectionerror.testingbb.com/bbstatus.aspx 

Service Unavailable

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

or 

You do not have permission to view this directory or page.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 14

So did the engineer not check before leaving? 

0 Likes

jay_ghai
Team Player
Message 10 of 14

open reach turned up today to fix the master socket how ever i was not informed that they would be coming today . but anyhow the internet is still not working . 

thanks 

0 Likes

jay_ghai
Team Player
Message 11 of 14

some one did turn up at 7 o clock yesterday  , just to be told open reach has to do this he cant do it . 

Great ! 😥

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 14

Hi jay_ghai,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can look into this further. Please do not post any personal information on the Community, reply via Private Message (PM) only.

Thanks

0 Likes