cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

5ghz channel keeps changing on fast 5364

nic1987
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi

Channel 36 is congested on the 5ghz band where I live.

TT staff on these forums have previously arranged for WiFi optimisation to be switched off on my two Routers at two different addresses. 

Despite this when I change the 5Ghz channel it keeps reverting back to the worst channel - 36. This means the devices using this band on my local network have very unstable internet connections. 

Please can I have help with the channel changing issue. 

I am a customer just like you. I'll try to help based on my experiences over the years getting issues sorted out in my TalkTalk services!
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

I've just applied the change to the second number, just to be sure.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

nic1987
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Thanks Karl - I'm just testing now. 

Can i confirm the change has been made for both the phone numbers on my profile? 

I am a customer just like you. I'll try to help based on my experiences over the years getting issues sorted out in my TalkTalk services!
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi

The firmware has updated to 158 recently, but I have resynced the router with our platform so optimisation should be off.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi @nic1987 firmware updated recently? 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.