cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fast Fibre Speed

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I have had a contract with TalkTalk that is nearly coming to an end.

At the moment I have a land line to use for telephone communications and City Fibre have installed a line with which I get my internet.

When this line was installed I was told I could get speeds of up to 900Mbps I chose a speed of 75Mbps which I get and works fine.

The problem I have is that my account does not seem to recognise that I have fast fibre and if I check the speeds that are available via city fibre postcode checker to my house I get 2 options fibre 35 £24.00 31mb download or fibre 65 £24.00 download 32mb.

As at the moment I have neither of these packages and am getting over 75mb download this seems strange.

All the other providers on the city fibre web sight quote me for speeds of up to 900mb which they tell me are available at my address.

I am concerned that when my contract ends in October if I want an increase in download speed I will have to change to another provider.

Any help you can give me with this situation would be appreciated.

Kind regards

jstype

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

jstype
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Thanks for your help. It is much appreciated.

Regards

jstype

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi jstype

Have you spoken to the future fibre team, It looks like  have opted to keep the phone line (known as copper leave behind) My Account will reflect the previous plan and not the Full fibre 65 plan through city fibre. 

The full fibre team will be able to confirm what packages are available. 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

As advised previously:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Contract-Cancelation/td-p/2986692

You need to ring 03451 720088

For the Full Fibre direct number : 03451 720074

New contracts / upgrades cannot be set up via the forum.

Make sure that you don't call it Faster fibre when you are speaking to the agent as that will definitely add to the confusion.

Spell out whether you want the service with VOIP. You won't be able to keep the landline separately on copper for ever.

The term for the upgraded service would be Full or Future fibre, or simply Fibre to the Premises, @jstype.

Sometimes a service is simply not available because each ISP has limited capacity. The situation could change. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes