cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre 150

Caitlinanne123
Team Player
Private Message
Message 44 of 44

Since upgrading my broadband to the Amazon echo route fibre 150 I have had AWFUL connection it always drops. It doesn’t reach to the back of my house. I work from home and it’s ridiculous having such an unstable connection. My speed on contract states ( estimated download speed between 150.0 Mbps and 153.0 Mbps with a minimum guaranteed download speed of 120.0 Mbps and upload speed of 30.0 Mbp) 

but all it’s been is the same from my old contract 65mps download and upload is 19. I am paying extra for absolutely nothing had such a terrible experience and I won’t be paying my bill if this carries on. Any suggestions cause they’re useless on the phone talking to talktalk! ? Thanks 

43 REPLIES 43

Message 41 of 44

Staff respond during the week, Monday to Friday, @Caitlinanne123.

Your thread is in the queue for attention,  but staff will need to identify your account from your profile information. 

Don't post any personal information on the open forum, but go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. Add your Talktalk landline number  / account number. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 42 of 44

I’d like talktalk to respond but thanks for the comment 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 44

The trouble with the TalkTalk supplied Eero router is that it should be part of a mesh network, requiring you to purchase extra units.

There could also be issues with WiFi interference, which could mean that you are using a bad WiFi channel, but if that is the case, the Eero does not allow you to manage that. This is a shame because I could also offer free help to resolve that.

Then there is the issue of the router location which might be the problem as to why the Eero does not reach all locations that you require in the property.

Personally, I would speak to the Loyalty dept (0345 1725157) & discuss with them one of two options:-

1. Will they come up with a deal acceptable to you, to provide extra Eero units?
  2. Could they replace the Eero with the Sagemcom hub1 (FAST5363) or hub2 (FAST5464) and a Sagemcom FAST266 WiFi Booster? Again this would need to be done as a deal you are happy with. When used with the Sagemcom hub, this forms a Mesh network & IMHO is very good.

Failing that, if you would prefer, I can ask the TalkTalk support people on this forum (different to customer services) to see how they can help you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?