cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre downtime

NeilP3
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Hi

On Monday morning we found that our Full Fibre service was not working- only 1 light on the wall box where the cable entered. I used Chat to contact TalkTalk and after 2 unsuccessful attempts finally got them to run tests on the line. They told me an engineer visit would be required and quoted me the usual cost of £75 if it was something that was our fault. The Openreach engineer duly came mid-morning the next day and replaced the wall box which resolved the issue.  My question is that as there were 3 of us in the house unable to work properly for almost a day and a half will CD Talktalk give us a refund of some of the month’s fee in view of not being able to use WiFi and the inconvenience caused ? Thanks 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

@NeilP3,

It's worth taking a look at the Ts&Cs that come with your contract (there's a link at the foot of the page).

Though many people work from home, these contracts are still basically meant for domestic use only, so do not reflect the changes in working patterns since the pandemic.

It's what we signed up to. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Please find details of the auto compensation TalkTalk subscribe to by following the link below.

From what you say, you do not fall within the period required for this to kick in.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).