cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Getting Error 503 - have NOT moved house - 9th time this has happened where no internet

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 64 of 64

Hi

I'm getting an error 503.  I have not moved or anything.  there was a mistake on my account which was supposedly fixed a month ago where you had the wrong address.  Again, we have no internet, we have no mobile reception and my wife is an oncall social worker.  This is the 9th time this has happened.  Please sort this out as a matter of urgency.  I'm really tired of this now.

Rich

0 Likes
63 REPLIES 63

Message 41 of 64

Hi Chris, Doing this now

0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 42 of 64

Good morning, so the engineer has been called to the wrong address again - the same one in Chelmsford, can this be looked at asap please as this has now become a safeguarding issue 

0 Likes

Message 43 of 64

Hi Rich,

My colleague in the network  team asked me to ask you to retest yesterday as he had identified the problems and thought he had it working. Could you switch the ONT off and leave it off for 30 minutes, then switch it back on and retest. I know that you've done this before but it should now be working

Chris

0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 44 of 64

I had to call you guys again, as no update was given, you have organised an engineer to come out tomorrow morning, I guarantee they will be sent to the wrong address yet again even after confirming what the correct address is - just putting it out there 

0 Likes

Message 45 of 64

@RichCobley, details of how compensation works are in this link:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

It's calculated after it's resolved and takes about a month to show up .

Staff will be back on here during business hours (Monday to Friday) to follow up. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 46 of 64

Great timely response 👍

0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 47 of 64

I want compensation for this awful service - 9 times with the same issue is just insane

0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 48 of 64

No it doesn’t - this is ridiculous 

0 Likes

Message 49 of 64

Hi Rich,

Could you please retest and let me know if it's now working

Chris

0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 50 of 64

Hi Chris, 

Can you ask the team to please send an update.  I haven't heard anything.  

Thanks

Rich

0 Likes

Message 51 of 64

I've passed this to our Future Fibre team, I've also told them that this needs to be resolved ASAP due to your wife's work. I'll let you know when they get back to me

Chris

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 52 of 64

great, thanks, can you please let them know the situation with my wife being an on call social worker and we rely on wifi calling as this will become a safe guarding issue

0 Likes

Message 53 of 64

OK thanks. I'll pass this over to our Future Fibre team and ask them to take a look. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly

Chris

0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 54 of 64

I have also tried connecting my laptop straight to the ONT and i get a 500 internal server error with the url being connectionerror.testingbb.com/bbtest.aspx

0 Likes

Message 55 of 64

Thanks. Could you connect a device directly to the ONT with an Ethernet cable and check to see if you then have an Internet connection. If not then I'll pass this over to our Future Fibre team for investigation 

Chris

0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 56 of 64

power, pon and lan

0 Likes

Message 57 of 64

Thanks for trying that. The eero isn't coded to a specific FTTP number so this shouldn't be an issue. Which lights are currently on, on the ONT?

Chris

0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 58 of 64

the ONT has been switched back on, still no internet

0 Likes

Message 59 of 64

OK thanks. I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

0 Likes

RichCobley
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 60 of 64

Hi Chris,

ONT is definitely on.  But will turn it off now.  Can you confirm the address you have for me on on your system please?  Either call or pm me.

Thanks

Rich

0 Likes