cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Internet down

Z&R13
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

Broadband has been down for a week now! I’ve reported twice on the phone and at least twice online to agents too. Often get cut off both the phone and the chat before any solution given. An engineer was supposed to be on their way on Tuesday 24th but we haven’t had a text to confirm that as yet. It’s an external issue but BT Openreach are uncontactable for residents, it has to come from the service provider. I’m paying for extra data, as mine ran out, so I can work online but no fun having zoom meetings on a phone (my laptop can’t connect to phone hotspot-before someone suggests that) We are without broadband, tv services and landline phone atm but still paying for it!

Has anyone got some advice please? 

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi

Openreach will not talk directly with you and just refer you o your provider.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

I appreciate that you’re pushing them now however I wasn’t getting any assistance last week when it started, quite the opposite! 
Is it something that BT Openreach could help with? Considering they can’t actually fix the problem surely they’re responsible if TalkTalk can’t supply us with one? I’m losing work, wasting time and spending extra money.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi

I do appreciate this is frustrating, and we are pressing Openreach as much as we can towards a resolution.

TalkTalk Do not have the option to provide any mobile dongles for customers.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hi Karl, thanks for that. 
Can TalkTalk supply me with a mobile hub/router thingy? BT have sent some out to their customers because it’s taking so long to fix and with no end date either. I’m trying to do some interactive online work from home which is very difficult on my phone.  It’s over a week now with no internet and very frustrating! 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi

This is a different Skilled engineer for FTTP Underground work.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Thank you for that information Karl, that’s helpful to know but still no light at the end of the tunnel! They told one of the neighbours it would be fixed on Tuesday! I’m starting to wonder if they are actually aware of what the issue is! I’m questioning if they’ve actually visited or not, I was told I’d get a text from Openreach engineer when they were coming but haven’t heard anything at all. What is an N23 engineer? 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 20

waiting Hi

Just checked with Openreach, an engineer has looked at the circuit and was unable to fix this.  They advise that a different skilled engineer is required.  This has been assigned to the Jeopardy Team within Openreach who have now assigned this to an N23 engineer.

We can check for further updates tomorrow to see where Openreach are up to.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Message 8 of 20

@Z&R13 

You should be able to stay signed in after you leave the community pages to do other things.

Usually you'll remain logged in for at least a day, if not two or three, if you don't sign out.

Also, clicking on the bell symbol, after clicking on the avatar, should take you to your notification feed.

Click on any of the "likes" or "mentions" and you should be taken straight to the specific post. No searches required. 

1000004983.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 9 of 20

Hi

I think we are also getting sidetracked from the original fault - I've ran a test on the internet side of things, and can see that a fault has been raised to Openreach already.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Message 10 of 20

Hi

There is no separate app for Community.  Just access via the browser.  If you are accessing via Safari, have you tried another browser, Opera or Chrome etc.  To see if this will allow you to access the personal info section of your profile, or are you able to select this link :  'Community Profile

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Hi Karl iPhone 8 at the moment, is there an app as I have to sign back in all the time with a verification code from an email

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hi

What device are you using to access community ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Oh did I? 
I’m not finding it easy to use! 
the number of replies are shown by the avatar but I can only find them if I go to my emails or keep searching on the page and randomly come across them🤷🏻‍♀️

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Thanks for your help but mine doesn’t look like that😅

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 20

Looks like you got there!

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

The  drop down menu should open up:

1000004978.jpg

From which select Personal Information. 

Once accessed through Personal Information, the information all goes on one page, @Z&R13 .

0 Likes

Z&R13
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 20

I can’t get any further than the first page, it’s says build your profile but the page won’t scroll for me to fill it in or continue

0 Likes

Message 18 of 20

Hi Rosie,

As Gliwmaeden2 has said, can you please complete your profile and we'll be happy to take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

Please complete your community forum profile details for Talktalk staff to identify your account, @Z&R13.

Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu....fully complete Personal Information and SAVE CHANGES. 

Your post is in the queue for attention. 

After the issue is resolved, it should qualify for compensation for complete loss of service, @Z&R13.

It takes c 30 days to show. Details here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

0 Likes