cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Keep losing Internet and eero light goes red

Woody179!
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

I keep losing my internet connection, the eero light goes red. This happened about a half a dozen times on Saturday 12th October and then happened once again today (14th October), each time it has happened all 3 lights on the ont have been green. The first 3 times it happened on the Saturday, rebooting the eero restored connectivity, the last 3 resulted in me having to power down the ont for 30 minutes. Today it has happened again, but this time restarting the eero worked.

I only went live with full fibre on August 2nd and until October 12th everything was fine, does this indicate a fault with my fibre connection or a problem with the eero?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Paul

That's great, we will check in again with you on Friday to see how you are getting on.

Thanks

Debbie

Woody179!
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

New eero arrived today and now installed, will leave it a few days before returning the old unit to see if this cures the problem.

Thank you for your help

Paul

Message 3 of 10
0 Likes

Woody179!
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

Thanks Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Paul,

I would just ignore that, it's an automated email that's sent out everytime we ordered an eero, apologies for any confusion 

Chris

Woody179!
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

Thank you Chris, I've received an email detailing the order but noticed it said that I had added Total Home Wi-Fi included - 24M contact. I was on an 18 month contract, I'm not planning on leaving TalkTalk as I've always had good service in the last 20+ years so I'm not really bothered about this, but if it has increased to 24 months, is it the same price?

Thanks,

Paul 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Paul,

I've ordered the replacement eero, it should be delivered within 5 working days

Chris

Woody179!
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Good morning Michelle,

A new eero to test if it solves the problem would be brilliant, I did get the red light and no internet again last night twice, but restarting the eero solved the problem each time.  I have checked and all cables are secure.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on your line now which is clear and I can see 1 re-connection on the line. Are all the cables connected securely to the eero and the ONT? If this is still happening then I think we should send a replacement eero for testing purposes to rule this out.

Thanks

Michelle