cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Low speeds

tramalan
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

I have had this problem for over 3 years now with much lower than the minimum of 55mps I am supposed to get. The last few days it has been down to 20mps!! and doing a check says there's a problem and then I do not hear anything or I get a text telling me if there is still a problem go online to a certain link and ask Sara!! that link takes me to the Community pages but no Sara!!....  when I continue arguing then an engineer comes out and says the router OK and blames Openreach.... they then come out and blame the router!! All of a sudden I usually then get 75mps but that only lasts a few weeks and then it slows down again.

As I say I have been complaining for a few years and getting nowhere. My last lengthy letter was sent to head office a year ago and all I got was a short reply telling me to go online!!

A month ago I tried reporting and yay received another text with a link that does not get me to Sara!!

Yesterday I tried again and if I do a test on the home page all I get is this message:

We’ve run into a problem

Sorry, we’re working hard to resolve this issue.

Please try again later.

HOW MUCH LATER will it be when I get an answer???????????

I am now considering going to the Trading Standards as there is obviously a long-term problem that Open Reach cannot diagnose and meanwhile, TalkTalk is still charging me for full fibre.

sailorAl
sailorAl
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi tramalan

This was sent just before 7am this morning. If you click on your Community name/avatar in the top right corner of the Community you should see my message there.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Thank you but as of mid-day no message received.

Thanks

sailorAl
0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi tramalan

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details, I can then arrange the Openreach engineer visit for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

You are being rather rude, @tramalan.

I removed one your posts where you had displayed your phone number for all to see.

Don't worry, I won't waste further precious time. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

I am discussing this with Debbie and do not want any comment from a third person. You do not know the full story and it seems you are not an Engineer or an expert but 'another' customer. My problem needs technical support and some real engineers to sort out what has been happening over the past 4 years in total although magnified since I signed up for Fibre 65. Without being rude you are NOT Debbie so please let me concentrate with her and no-one else.

sailorAl
0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

You were not being told off, @tramalan.

Just that it was better not to keep trying the switch off too many times, and managing expectations if you were not aware that staff wouldn't be back before Monday. 

Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Thank you for being someone who does seem to be trying to do something although I am certainly not happy at having to discuss this on an open form as after my sending of the latest speed check getting told off by a third person and told to wait. I have been waiting for answers for what is now nearly 4 years of problems that really got worse over a year ago when I assumed by transferring to Full Fibre the problems would cease. I wish I could talk to someone who knows the complete FULL story instead of what appears, to them, to be a present-moment problem. In November, a year ago, I wrote a long letter with full details including readings from what were actual TalkTalk speed graphs (which not long after ceased and have never been available since) that showed my speeds were up and down like a certain person's drawers in the months. It took 5 weeks.... YES 5 weeks before I got a reply that merely told me to contact an agent. This I did with the usual results of dealing with a foreign exchange, a problem with strong accents, and the having to prove who I am giving full personal details. This latter I find very annoying as I have no idea exactly whom I am talking to nor whether the line is actually with TalkTalk. Then getting the line 'checked' and told no faults, etc which is only a repeat of any answers I have stated. It is happening now as you only know what is happening now and no idea of the past and those results and why the problems continually exist. I do not believe for one minute it is a router problem but somewhere between me and the exchange after a 4th visit from Open Reach last year when their Engineer stated there was a problem but he had no idea what. Of course that was a verbal answer and this is a problem as nowhere, including calls to foreign exchanges, is anything in writing, etc, to prove who said what and when. My letter stated exactly when your Engineers and also Open Reach Engineers visited and the results have been, after a short time, 'no change'. Do I really want another engineer to visit? My router exchanged? Open Reach to return along with a cherry picker? and then get told again that there is no problem or a problem between me and the exchange and nothing gets done? I also ask why am I not speaking to someone in techhelp as the links I keep receiving automatically put me to this Forum site which is too public for my liking.

sailorAl
0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi tramalan

As the line tests are clear, I can either send a replacement router for testing or I can arrange an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

How would you like me to proceed?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

@tramalan, don't keep repeating the switch off. If it's too frequent Dynamic Line Management will treat it as disconnections and your speed will automatically be reduced. It doesn't know it's just you, not a fault causing "errors"!

Leave it alone until staff respond further, after the weekend. 

[Any email notifications you get are from a No Reply address. Always use the thread to respond.]

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Saturday 1650Saturday 1650

sailorAl
0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

This is becoming both a regular and extremely boring thing switching the Router off and leaving for 30 minutes and back on. Just done that for 50 minutes and its back on. Not sure where my reply went to but you did reply to saying I would not hear anything until next week as not staff on at weekends. Have just done another check at 1650 today Saturday and guess the fantastic speed????? 48mbps!!

sailorAl
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 15

@tramalan, I've removed the third image from public view, as it contained your home phone number. 

Crop pictures carefully before posting to avoid any display of personal information. 

Staff are not on here at weekends. Please look out for their reply during the week. 

0 Likes

tramalan
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 13 of 15

This is now becoming beyond a joke. I have restarted my Router after 50 minutes (3rd time in 2 days) and am back to where it all started. I have also done a check with the TalkTalk website which tells me there is a problem 'that will be sorted'. I have also done a speed check and am now getting 29mps so please stop insulting me.  I am sick and fed up being told what TalkTalk says  I am getting and what I am actually getting which, as I keep repeating, has been a problem for a few years. I have no idea what make, etc of router but it is black and is marked with TalkTalk on the front and was replaced a year ago of a similar router.on 26th when started messagingon 26th when started messaginglast night late eveninglast night late evening1950hrs  27/10/231950hrs 27/10/23

sailorAl
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Hi tramalan

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test is clear and the line is in sync at just under 74mb.

Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test? This will clear the current session and often increase the throughput speed.

Which router do you have? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes