cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

STILL NO CONNECTION AFTER 9 DAYS

Archers
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 46 of 46

Surely someone can help me on this. Hours spent on the phone and on the online chat bots. 

Talk Talk engineer booked to come out to me, he turns up, he is an independent engineer who hasn't a clue about the Eero boxes and totally wasted 2 hours of my life.

2 hours on the phone to SUPPORT wow!!! After 35 minutes of going through all the information being transferred 3 times to different people. Explaining about the lights on the Eero and the Fibre box to be asked, can I make sure they have been switched on. If you are going to employ people from a call centre please please train them.

2 hours on the phone I explained I had tried 5 different Eero units and I was not told that there is a router Eero which I should have. The engineer turned up with one he didn't know it was a router box????

Still no connection. Still annoyed... 

Sky worked up until midnight on the 9th. My connection with Talk talk "Went live!!!!!!" on the 3rd, I tried then and was advised wait until your sky connection switches off and it will be ok.

Funny enough just a staling tactic. Sky switched off, Talk Talk still not connecting, still the same error. Where the Eero cannot be assigned a WAN address. Surely this is a simple fix. Your servers are not releasing an IP address to the Eero here. 

Can some one with some knowledge please respond to me.

0 Likes
45 REPLIES 45

Message 21 of 46
0 Likes

Message 22 of 46

Chris

Thank you so much for your help. I do wish that someone would have pointed me here right form the start as at least you seem to know what you are talking about and not just concentrating on if I had plugged my box in.

Thank you again

lets hope they can sort this out for me and maybe OpenReach can just assign one number to each address separately which would stop all these issues.

many thanks

Gary

0 Likes

Message 23 of 46

OK thanks, I'll pass it over to our Future Fibre team and ask them to take a look, I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly

Chris

0 Likes

Message 24 of 46

The Fibre to post was installed at the same time.

My connection was installed first then when they moved in there's was installed.

There has always been confusion around these ONT's but we was assured that the number were 933 for me and 631 for them, but by the sound of it, they are the other way around

0 Likes

Message 25 of 46

Where both ONT's installed at the same time?

0 Likes

Message 26 of 46

Yes the ONT I am connected to is another separate address and they are connected to BT.

My address is separate 

0 Likes

Message 27 of 46

OK, it's still showing the ONT is on so if your ONT is off then it must be showing the other ONT, on your account. So just to confirm, the ONT that you are currently connected to is with BT not TalkTalk?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 28 of 46

OK thanks, I'll check it now and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 29 of 46

Hi Chris

Ok mine is now switched off.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 46

Can you switch your ONT off and let me know when you've done this, and I'll check the line

Chris

0 Likes

Message 31 of 46

There has been confusion ever since Full Fibre was installed at the properties 3-4 years ago.

There is no number on either of our OpenReach boxes.

There are two ONT numbers at this property one ending in 933 and one ending in 631.

At the moment I am connected to their BT connection posting this. Which you say you are connected to.

I have the serial number of both fibre boxes in the house if that helps any more?

I had an open reach engineer out to my property on Saturday I would have hoped he had checked the ONT numbers where correct coming into my property but he seemed to not be very well trained and hadn't a clue how any of your connection worked which was very worrying

0 Likes

Message 32 of 46

If their ONT is with BT I won't be able to connect to it. Just to confirm, does the ONT in your home have the serial number ending 933?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 33 of 46

Ok so I have another number.

Where shall I post that?

Sounds like there has been confusion as to which ONT is to which address. 

My fibre box is not connected so you must be connected to the other property.

They are on BT if you switch connection from that box to mine will they loose their connection?

0 Likes

Message 34 of 46

OK thanks. The last 3 digits on the ONT are 933, The IP address of the router connected to this ONT is the same as the IP address that you are posting from.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 35 of 46

No they are with BT a completely separate house and account. For some unknown reason there is always confusion with the two properties.

I have explained this when I took the account and also numerous times to your support on the phone

The account number here is mine and mine only.

Can you confirm the last 3 digits of the ONT my account is connected to please

0 Likes

Message 36 of 46

Are both lines on the same account number, the one you've entered in your profile?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 37 of 46

Sorry just checked I have piggy backed on to my neighbours wifi.

I think you have just found the issue.

At this address there is 2 ONT numbers and 2 fibre boxes, one for the main farm house which I live in and one for the barns which my sister in law lives in. 

It sounds like you have pointed my connection to the wrong ONT number

Are you pointed at the ONT that ends in 933?

0 Likes

Message 38 of 46

Apologies but are you sure that you are connected to the 4G network at the moment as the IP address that you appear to be posting from is the same as the one showing on our systems as the IP address allocated to your router

Chris

0 Likes

Message 39 of 46

I'm posting via a 4G connection I have had to set up.

I definitely have no connection via my fibre or I wouldn't be so annoyed

0 Likes

Message 40 of 46

OK thanks. From our side everything seems to be OK, it's showing that you have an Internet connection and IP address. Could I just ask how are you currently connected to the internet, posting on the Community?

Chris

0 Likes