cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

WAN IP ADDRESS FAILURE ON EERO SET UP

LiamG7
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 46 of 46

85902309-B45E-41D3-ABEB-F2464013C718.jpeg

Same problem as everyone else with same subject.

Countless conversations on chat and some phone. Repeated diagnostics, Openreach sent to resolve, claims (texts/emails) to have resolved but same issue in the app failing at the wan ip address.

Any actual help would really be appreciated…

0 Likes
45 REPLIES 45

Message 21 of 46

Hi Liam,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've escalated this straight back to our team now. Can I just confirm, have you been contacted since your last post? I'll post back as soon as the team come back to me.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 22 of 46

Hi Chris,

Equipment arrived 20 mins ago, I’ve connected and as feared (but expected) it’s made no difference! 

So what now? Is it a high skilled open reach engineer as was

required in other cases?

C3D7429C-37C3-4CD8-9DA6-2CE425D58922.jpeg

This is really frustrating and hugely disappointing. I’ve never had a switch of providers be so painful.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 46

Hi Liam,

How are you getting on, have you now received the replacement eero?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 24 of 46

Morning Liam,

Hopefully this will arrive today. We'll check back in with you later on this morning.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 25 of 46

Again, without more technical detail I don't understand why. Particularly given the detail (multiple devices, line tests, ONT detail, ipconfig) provided up to now and other cases.

I'd prefer to have the engineer arranged sooner rather than later...

0 Likes

Message 26 of 46

Hi Liam,

I'm sorry, we do need to test with the replacement eero first, if it's then still not working we may need to arrange an engineer visit

Chris

0 Likes

Message 27 of 46

I forgot to add at the start today my complaint reference: CMP-639055.

Can i be assured that like the below, i'm not going to find an engineer visit will still be needed after the replacement equipment arrives...

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/NO-INTERNET-EERO-APP-SETUP-FAILS-ON-WAN-IP-ADDRESS/m-...

What happened in the above case seems in-line with the information i was given Saturday afternoon (and the lack of connection direct from ONT).

0 Likes

Message 28 of 46

Thanks re: the email, will ignore.

Hopefully replacement will do the job then but others had replacement routers arrive only to still be in same position of it still not working.

I'd have more confidence if it was an explanation for the direct connection to the ONT and how the replacement eero will resolve things instead, as i'm not clear as things stand...

Also, if someone confirmed why I didn't need to worry about the ONT serial number/line rebuild solution (or why this solution isn't applicable)...

0 Likes

Message 29 of 46

Hi Liam,

Just ignore the email about the charge, it's automatically sent when we order a replacement eero but you won't be charged

Even if you haven't got an internet connection with a device connected directly to the ONT, it doesn't mean that the replacement eero won't work too

Chris

Message 30 of 46

Sorry, following the call i've received an email from talktalk customer service and it details the replacement and a one-off charge cost of £129.

Understood on the City FIbre point, fair enough but what about the point re: the ONT serial number? And the lack of contact from Openreach and the lack of internet when plugged into the ONT?

LiamG7_0-1711370319801.png

This is what i see via ipconfig when plugged directly into my laptop...

0 Likes

Message 31 of 46

Hi Liam,

The profile change issue would only apply for CityFibre connections. My colleague thinks the replacement eero should resolve this particular issue. I'm not sure what you mean by the £129 charge?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 32 of 46

Presume, i can ignore the reference on the email to a one-off charge of £129! There was no mention of this on the call?!

0 Likes

Message 33 of 46

OK, can you clarify this point has been checked perhaps, as i'm not sure i got it across correctly on the phone:

"an Engineer is required for both a FTTP installation or FTTP ISP switch. The line has to be “rebuilt” for transfer of ownership using the Serial Number of the ONT at the property. This was a 5/10 minute job "

I don't see how this point could have been addressed/confirmed as I've had no contact with Openreach (although i was told i would hear from them).

I did stress that i don't want to receive replacement hardware, only to find a point like the above was missed.

I took the detail from the solved post below:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/WAN-IP-address/m-p/2963471

They also seemed to confirm that they'd checked my profile was configured correctly as per the below fix for others users:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Full-Fibre/New-CityFibre-full-fibre-installation-no-WAN-IP-addre...

Liam

0 Likes

Message 34 of 46

Hi Liam,

My colleague has also just contacted me too. I'll check back in with you on Wednesday to see how you're getting on.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 35 of 46

Thanks for chasing this morning Michelle.

I've had a call from someone, i think/hope it was the escalation team, although i'm still unconvinced on the fix.

I have to be sent a new eero because i set it up ahead of time.

I don't understand why this would have any bearing on when the talktv box or my laptop is plugged directly into the ONT though?

Or, why no hard resets on any of the multiple routers in my house wouldn't suffice in getting a connection up and running...

0 Likes

Message 36 of 46

Hi Liam,

I've messaged the team again and they advised that one of my colleagues is looking at this now.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 37 of 46

Just out of interest... is there any value in me trying to speak to anyone on the phone?

Or not necessary where it's been passed on to the fault escalation team?

It'd just be good to have some assurances that work to fix is underway and maybe even some rough timeframes.

Personal hotspot is not ideal and really hindering ability to work. Plus smart heating system is not so smart with mobile connection and a cold house is not great for the poorly kids currently at home.

0 Likes

Message 38 of 46

Hi Liam,

No problem, I'll keep you updated.

Michelle

Message 39 of 46

Amazing! Thanks very much for passing on!

0 Likes

Message 40 of 46

Hi Liam,

Thank you. I've passed this over to our Faults Escalation Team now and I will post back as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle