cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

WAN IP address

Dinsdally
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

So it seems there is a growing number of people with this same issue. Switched to TalkTalk Future Fibre yesterday and have had no internet connection since, perhaps the clue is in the product name and I’ll get it in the future…

I digress, ONT lights look good, full fibre worked perfectly at BT up until the switchover, but alas on connecting by eero and stepping through set up I am greeted with failure as “Your eero Pro 6 can’t reach the internet”, the reason? No WAN IP address.

cumulatively 6 hours on the phone and live chat have led to an engineer visit tomorrow morning. Not convinced the issue is here though. Connecting directly to the ONT has the same result No IP address = no connectivity. I already own other eeros, have tried them instead. No use, no WAN IP address. Have tried powering down the ONT for 5, 15, 20 and 30 mins as advised by numerous “technical” advisors, no use, no WAN IP address.

Apparently I’m doing something wrong and do not need an IP address, just a 4G connection to link my eero to my account.

I’ve even been on to eero themselves and they’ve had a look, “Issue with ISP”.

Something is amiss in the set up, I’ve read numerous posts on here of people experiencing the same thing but I haven’t found a solution update on any yet…. Am I doomed to wait for the Future to arrive at some point in the future?

7 REPLIES 7

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 8

That is really useful to know, thanks very much.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 8

Hi Ally

Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear that your service is now up and running, apologies for any inconvenience.

Chris 

Dinsdally
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

I am now up and running.

perhaps for future reference it is worth noting that an Engineer is required for both a FTTP installation or FTTP ISP switch. The line has to be “rebuilt” for transfer of ownership using the Serial Number of the ONT at the property. This was a 5/10 minute job and would save any number of these similar complaints. If the engineer that was originally scheduled to attend on Activation day had turned up, you’d have a far happier customer…

cheers

Ally

Message 4 of 8

OK thanks Ally. I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

Dinsdally
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Afternoon Chris,

I have done as requested and am still in the same situation, No WAN IP address so my eero can not reach the internet.

Cheers

Ally

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi Dinsdally,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service.

Could you switch the eero and ONT off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest - if it's then still not working please let us know

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

This might be an authentication issue. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes