cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Wifi down

lewisross_23
Team Player
Private Message
Message 27 of 27

Hi, I woke up this morning to find my WiFi not working. My router is just showing a solid Amber light. Trued resetting it but to no avail. I work from so this is something I need sorted ASAP.

I am based in Aberdeen, not sure if this is something affecting others or not 

Lewis Ross
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thank you for confirming 🙂

Thanks

Message 2 of 27

Morning, yes it came back around 4:55 pm yesterday. Just wanted to wait before confirming to make sure it was definitely working. Thanks for your help with this.

Lewis Ross

Message 3 of 27

Morning,

We've received an update to advise that this should now be resolved. Is your connection now working ok?

Thanks

Message 5 of 27

Thanks for the update, yes if you can carry on updating me please.

Lewis Ross
0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

Hi,

We've now received an update to advise that the engineer is investigating at the exchange. We'll continue to monitor this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

Hi,

Apologies, I'll keep intermittently checking the fault and will let you know as soon as I know more. It's related to an outage that the engineer have been made aware of. I've also included our Compensation Policy below.

About your auto compensation credit - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

Well this is extremely disappointing. I'm assuming there will be some form of compensation for this? I'm having to use my mobile data so I can work but that's not unlimited, so I'm needing this back working today 

Lewis Ross
0 Likes

Message 9 of 27

Hi,

I've just checked and it's still under investigation with the engineers who are working to resolve this. No estimated resolution date provided as yet.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

Is there any update on this?

Lewis Ross
0 Likes

Message 11 of 27
0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

Great, thanks for your help

Lewis Ross
0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

Hello,

An issue has now been identified and this has been raised for investigation. I'll monitor this and will let you know as soon as I receive an additional update back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

Thank you 

Lewis Ross
0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

Have now found this and added it to the privacy notes as requested 

Lewis Ross
0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. I'm currently looking into this and will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

It was installed by cityfibre. I have tried resetting and powering down but it still doesn't work. And no, it doesn't work if connected directly to ont 

Lewis Ross
0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

Hi,

Was this installed by Openreach or CityFibre? What lights are specifically on the ONT box? Have you also tried powering down the ONT for a full 30 minutes and retested? Does the connection work if you remove the router and connect wired directly at the ONT?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 27

Any idea where I could find this number?

Lewis Ross
0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Hi Lewis

Thanks for confirming, do you have your FTTP order number so I locate the details please?

Can you add this number to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile.

0 Likes