cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

good full fibre deals for existing customers

guitarman3
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 67 of 67

hi guys. getting loads of trouble with my fttc  and thinking about switching to fttp as it's available in my area now. has anyone got any good deals for full fibre while switching from fttc to fttp?

0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66

Message 41 of 67

Looks good. If there any issues going forwards, billing or otherwise, you know where we are!  🙂

guitarman3
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 42 of 67

Hi guys. So just been on to retentions and renegotiated my original deal of £29.95 per month over 24 months fixed price for full fibre 150. My new deal is £26 per month for 18 months non fixed but I also asked for free months in that deal and was offered the first 2 months free which Is a nice bonus. I did the maths and taking into consideration the reduction of £52 for the first 2 months free over the 18 months period my monthly cost is £23.11. She did also say that the system could not change to this new deal until I went live on 1st August and I would have to call back for them to change it then. She left notes on my account for her colleagues to do the necessary update. I hope they don’t forget. Anyway, looking at other online deals for similar full fibre speeds I don’t think I would have found a better deal anywhere. Once again I’d like to thank everyone for their help and advice it was really appreciated.

guitarman3
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 67

Thanks for everyone’s helpful comments. I will certainly take them on board when I call retentions back tomorrow. Looking at other offers online I think the £26 unfixed deal for 18mths for fibre 150 is probably the best deal at the moment but I will certainly try to get a better offer than even that. The idea of a number of free months looks appealing too. I’ll give them a call and let you all know how it goes. Thanks once again for all your advice.

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 44 of 67

Can I just make it clear to all, as my point seems to have been lost if not repeated. I did say in my first response to this question that the sums in this case on the offer given look in favour of not going fixed. But that is not to stop one from haggling either way

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 45 of 67

@guitarman3, even if they hold you to 24 months, the April 2025 price rise will come in just around the 3 months run in to the end of contract period so you could renew the deal again then, again haggling so that you get a better discount. That would avoid paying much higher bills to the end of the contract - depending upon your billing cycle, when the price increases actually take effect. 

More maths ....! More speculation on where we will all be with the cost of living by then!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 46 of 67

When you call, make it clear that you are humming and haah-ing and push them on offering a better offer, there is generally some scope for a bit of haggle. Any chance of some months for free, for example?  Definitely check what the alternatives are between 18 and 24 months. Good luck and keep us posted.  🙂

Message 47 of 67

hi Gliwmaeden2

yes it seems reasonable to think the £26 unfixed for 18 months deal would be the best option. why pay the extra £3.95 pm up untill next April when next Aprils price rise would more than likely be just under the fixed price of £29.95? i don't have any boosts or add ons so i'm ok there. And, as you say, if talktalk did increase prices mid term i could still renegotiate or leave. Yes, I may give them a call. thank you for your advice. 

Message 48 of 67

Once you are in the contract the discounted price is fixed, but affected by the April price rise, as you know. Fixed Price Plus protects you from that, but, doing the sums, so long as inflation doesn't go mad again,  you'd be fine not paying the extra for the privilege. 

If Talktalk changes prices at any other time while you are in contract, @guitarman3, they have to give 30 days' notice, during which you can renegotiate or leave, without early termination fees. 

Bear in mind that any boosts you add can increase at any time, so that is one extra uncertainty in the calculations, no matter which package you go for. You can get out of any boosts commitments after one month of use.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 49 of 67

Thanks for that advice. If I decide to take the £26pm unfixed option I’d be paying that up until  march 2024 which is 8 months and even if next years prices increased the same as this years april rise 14.2% I’d still only be paying slightly less than my agreed deal. Also if I took the 18 month option my contract would end march 2025, just before the next price rise. So really I’d be saving the £3.95 for the first 8 months which would be £31.60. unless of course talktalk decide to increase prices before the annual april increases. Still thinking about this one. Cheers mate

0 Likes

Message 50 of 67

I don't mind you asking at all. 🙂

Personally, I prefer the certitude of Fixed Price Plus. You could do a spreadsheet if you wanted though? £26 a month until April next year plus whatever the heck CPI+3.7% might be then, plus the same again the following April?  Have a think, you have a 14 day cooling off period remember. Maybe pitch for a shorter deal e.g. 18 months at a lower price? All up to you of course. But in all honesty what they have offered you I would be a wee bit disappointed in. Entirely my view alone, of course.

The other point you mentioned earlier btw: I doubt they will let you keep the eero if you get the Hub2, but in all honesty, from my own experience, a single eero is simply not worth having.

Keep us posted how it goes.

0 Likes

Message 51 of 67

hi ferguson. just taken out a fttp deal for fibre 150 for £29.95 pm for 24 mths fixed price but i'm thinking maybe it would have been better if i took the cheaper option £26 pm unfixed price instead? what would you see as the benefits of taking the cheaper deal if you don't mind me asking?

0 Likes

Message 52 of 67

hi arne. managed to contact retentions and agreed a FTTP deal. fiber 150 data with voip for £29.95 pm for 24 mths. fixed price plus so no increases for the duration of the contract. tried to get it for £26 but it wouldn't have been fixed at that price.(although i am now thinking if the unfixed amount of £26 would be the better option) i still may call back and get this changed. my install date is 1st august fingers crossed. i've pm a number of your colleagues and they said once i go live with my service they will exchange my hub 1 router for the hub 2 with the voip port. i will also have the eero 6 router. is that mine to keep anyway or will i need to return that also? 

cheers

0 Likes

Message 53 of 67
0 Likes

Message 54 of 67

nice one mate. i'll have a try. cheers

0 Likes

Message 55 of 67

Well they might, if you get someone who knows what they're doing! Good luck. 

0 Likes

Message 56 of 67

cheers mate. i've just discovered i have the wifi hub 1 without the voip port, my mistake. will talktalk send me the hub 2 if i request it when taking out the full fibre deal?

0 Likes

Message 57 of 67

There isn't any difference in costs. You can pay as you go for outbound calls, or get a Boost if you use it a lot. In your case, the main advantage would be that you could keep your landline number for incoming calls. The Hub 2 has a built-in VoIP port, so instead of connecting your handset to the master sock as now, you would connect it to the router. 

EDIT: I should have added, you need to specify that you want Data with VoIP at the point of ordering.

0 Likes

Message 58 of 67

thanks for that ferguson. i was pretty sure i could but just needed to get that confirmed. she seemed convinced that the eero router was the only option. not very confident in how these call centre staff are trained. i was also given the option of keeping my landline or data only, what would be the benefit of keeping my existing landline if i rarely use it nowadays and is there a difference in installation of fibre 150 between the two? just a thought. 

0 Likes

Message 59 of 67

You can most certainly use the Hub 2, I do on my Fibre 150 service, out of preference to the eero. I don't understand why you were told otherwise. 

0 Likes

Message 60 of 67

ok,so been onto retentions and was offered fiber 150 for £26pm for 18mths. i was told that i could only use the eero router on fibre150 and upwards and not the talktalk hub2 router that i have at the moment. because i have my devices wired i'd like to keep it that way and use the hub2 router. is she correct or can i use the hub2 router with fibre 150?

0 Likes