cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Landline faulty?

brora
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

I have been trying to get help for this but seem to be getting nowhere. My landline is faulty. I have checked all of the following: 1. The Volume is up  2. Phone is NOT set to "Do Not Disturb"  3. Have tried another socket.  4. I have checked all the cables.  5. I have also tried with two different (known to be working) Corded phones.  6. There is no call divert or anything like that. 7. Callers hear the ringing sound. 8. The phones indicate Missed Calls, so they obviously sense the incomming calls, but are not being activated to ring. 

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Morning,

Has my colleague from the Faults Escalation Team been in touch since my last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 26

Hello,

I've asked my colleague in the Faults Escalation Team if they can check if there are any known issues at your exchange. I'll post back as soon as I have an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

Yes, I'm in Bulwell, on the Bulwell (Main street) Exchange.

Message 4 of 26

Hi

No Problem. If you give our customer Loyalty Teams a call they can place a cancellation for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

No I Don't. It's off to Virgin then.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

Hi

Can you confirm you accept the Openreach Terms of potential charges.

You can view details here : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

If that is what's needed, then Yes I do. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

Hi

Would you like to arrange the engineer visit here.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

I've tried three times now, your agents just cut me off the last two times as soon as I mentioned a home visit? I'm now getting a little fed up with this mucking around and being unable to get help. I'm out of contract so perhaps it will be easier to go to Virgin?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit just let us know 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Ok. No one's answering at the moment. I'll try later.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 26

OK thanks. To investigate further we'll need to arrange and engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

Sorry but still no ring on incoming calls.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

OK thanks. I've made and change, could you please retest and let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Yes it is just the same.I' ve talked to customer services but they just want me do do all the tests I've already done. After that -nothing..

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

Hi brora,

How are you getting on, are you still experiencing problems with your landline?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

We are just outside Bulwell but on Bulwell exchange, we think we have been off since Thursday 29th August. Our estate had a series of power cuts that morning and I'm wondering if that affected the exchange also.

TalkTalk support have done a number of tests but found nothing. Open Reach tested the line on Thursday 5th, replaced the face plate on our telephone box and found no line fault. Helpfully TalkTalk rang twice on Friday to speak to us, but rather than ring my mobile rang the landline....

As we missed the calls on Friday I am booked for a Case Manager call but not until Tuesday afternoon. I'm praying they ring my mobile and not the landline again!

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 26

Hmm, curiouser and curiouser as Alice said. Let's see what the support team have to say when they are back online on Monday. 

Message 19 of 26

Yes, and it always comes back as no problems.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 26

Well I do live in Bulwell, so I would think that I'm on the Exchange you mention

0 Likes