Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line burbling like we're underwater!

-mrt-
Whizz Kid
Message 10 of 10

As the subject line says - went to use the phone yesterday and speech is unintelligible. Tried the phone again today, and same fault.

Ring tone appears normal, and Broadband is working. I've changed the filter between socket and phone.

Can the line be checked please?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Kevin

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Debbie,

Yes, thanks, all has returned to normal, I've been testing it over the last couple of days.

Regards,

Kevin

Message 3 of 10

Hi -mrt-

Sorry for the delay.

Has this been working ok since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Thanks mrt. Pleased to say that as of this morning my phone is back to normal and i have cancelled my engineers visit

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

ttfault.jpg

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

I too did a bit of digging, and found a reported system problem mentioned on my account dashboard.

As of today, all is now working fine!

0 Likes

Barnacles
First Timer
Message 7 of 10

I've had similar problem since yesterday. Speech on my landline distorted and 'warbly'. Broadband fine. Spent large part of afternoon on chat with TalkTalk while they ran tests on my line. End result was that no faults were found and an Engineer visit has been arranged. From past experience I don't have much hope that problem will be fixed soon.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

I don't have a test socket, but 3 hard wired old type sockets. I have disconnected everything from all sockets, and then plugged a good corded phone into the socket that takes the incoming line, via a micro filter, and have exactly the same fault.

I tried ringing a couple of different people, they can hear me OK, but the incoming conversation is as before, totally broken up.

Regards,

Kevin

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi

Tests are clear, so no obvious issue detected.

If you have a 'Test Socket' , unplug everything and test an alternative handset only direct at the test socket and confirm the issue is still present.  If it is, then an engineer is required.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes