cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

4K Box will not connectto WiFi

rolando
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

I got this box about 10 days ago. When I first got it I plugged an ethernet cable in which worked fine. I decided to move it to another room where there is no cable but only a few yards from the Router. It connected to the WiFi first time and I used it for an hour or two. The following day when I turned on the TV it was disconnected and after several attempts it refused to connect. I reset the box and managed to get it to connect to the WiFi again. The following day it was disconnected again and refused to connect so I switched off the router and when it restarted it connected. Same again the following day so I reset the box again but now it stubbornly refuses to connect to the WiFi, it shows 100% signal, gives me a message that it is connecting and then says it has failed to connect.

Any help appreciated please.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

rolando
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 15

OK, have set it all up including Guest network and 4k box has connected. Will give it a few days and report back.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi

Firmware should now be updated, try this and see how it goes.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi

Ok, I'll updated the firmware to V158 now.  Over the next few months, a newer firmware is on the way so i will update again in the near future.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

rolando
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 15

Thanks, have connected it so should show up soon.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi

I'm showing the router online at the moment is the Huawei, can you connect up the new Sagemcom we sent out last week.

The new firmware should support Guest Network.  I can then push the later firmware to see if this helps.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

rolando
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 15

No not got the new router connected now. Does the new firmware allow Guest network?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi

Have you got the new router connected up currently ?  I will need to check if the router has updated to the latest firmware.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

rolando
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 15

Hi Karl,

I've had a go with this box but I cannot set up a Guest Network on it. I've looked at some of the posts on here and that seems to confirm there is no Guest Network option on it. Without a Guest Network it is no good for me as I have some smart devices connected to it and regular visitors who use my WiFi.

Do you have any other suggestions, the 4K box is fairly intermittent in connecting to WiFi, it is stable when connected but I can't predict when it will connect.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi

OK, I'll swap out the router and see if that is the issue, the new one is on the way.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

rolando
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 15

Hi Karl, has been working fine until today and now refusing to connect. Everything else connected to WiFi is working fine.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi

OK, with this type of issue it's difficult to identify if it is the device or a router issue.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

rolando
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 15

Thanks, that was a bit of a Faff as I've had to set up all my SSIDs and passwords again but the good news is it connected. Will give it a few days to see if it is stable and let you know.

🤞

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Hi

Try a pin reset of the router - hold a pin or paperclip in the reset hole at the back for 10 seconds and this will fully reset the router. 

set this back up and see if it will connect again and stay connected.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes