cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Confusing pricing issue re 4K TV Box

GEG63
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

In My Account Offers  I am being offered the new 4KTV Box for £5 per month yet I am already paying £5 per month in my account for access via my old TalkTalk Huawei TV Box.

Will I end up paying £10 per month if I go for this option?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks Karl

That's very clear.

I will ponder the matter.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi

TalkTalk entertainment is £5 per month, this replaces the old TV charge and covers the rental of the 4K TV box also.

Any old TV charge would be removed, so you would only pay £5 per month and not 10.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

I'd suggest you phone the loyalty team to see what deal you can get. The old access charge is usually replaced by the new TV charge and a new contract normally required.

I'd also suggest you don't give up your YouView box as the 4k has very limited recording ability, to the point of no ability in that you can't record one channel and record another.

Also stress the only reason you are looking at the 4k box is to get access to ITVX now the ITV Hub is being phased out on the YouView box.

Good luck.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

JaneNatalie1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Yes I am confused as well.

0 Likes