cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Freezing of I-player etc. when watching

LindseyM10
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Morning all,

As well as the much documented issues recording (mainly but not exclusively) ITV and CH4 programmes via our box (done all the usual checks on line, switch off and on reset, check recording memory space etc), we have discovered since we had fibre upgrade fitted late last year that when watching any on demand channels such as BBC I-Player etc. that programmes often freeze and give you the 'dots' where it looks like it is loading but does nothing and eventually you need to come out and restart the programme again.

Again I've read up and seen people have had issues on the likes of ITV etc. during commercial breaks with it doing it on the adverts, but ours does it randomly during a programme. I guess the most frustrating thing is that it is intermittent in both the on demand and recording to box cases. If it simply didnt work, or did it all the time, while not ideal at least we would know. 

Recently with the recording of programmes to the box, as an example, something like Coronation Street wont record on a Monday or Wednesday, but does on a Friday? (not specific). And when watching on demand TV, something like Casualty will be fine for one episode, then the next one might fail a third of the way through and give the dreaded 'dots of doom' where it appears to freeze loading.

Any workarounds or fix ETAs for either still? Thanks in advance... 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

LindseyM10
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Thanks very much, will attempt that later on today

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

with regards to recording, Youview are aware and are investigating an issue affecting some broadcast channels.

Failed recordings - YouView Support

You can try recording from the +1 version of the channel or the HD version of the channel.

To help with playback issues for apps such as iplayer, try a Youview Maintenance Reset  as this will download a fresh copy of the app during setup.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes