cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

NetGem 4K tv box

Mabeline
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Sorry if this is posted twice but cannot find my original post. 
Towards the end of 2023 I contacted TT regarding my account. Once sorted the agent asked if I would like to upgrade my tv box. I asked if this was free and I was advised it was. I was very surprised when I received my next bill with a £10 postage charge. I wasn’t advised of this nor was I advised that I would require an SD card for recording. Apart from this, the real reason I am not very happy is the fact you can’t record anything whilst watching another programme on tv. On the old box you could record 2 programmes at the same time and watch a live  programme on the tv. I appreciate you have all the apps but when I watch anything on BBC iPlayer or ITVX it’s continually buffeting. It’s so painful to continue watching I give up in the end. Also sub titles are not available on the apps or the recordings. When you fall into the mature age group there are many films where the dialogue is almost inaudible. Any suggestions to improve these problems will be appreciated. We are considering going back to the old box if it doesn’t improve. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

If the apps are buffering, try resetting the box. press the button on the side 5 times to reset, then set the box back up and see if this clears the issue.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Mabeline
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for reply Karl and information. I just wish the agent had told us all this when he asked if we would like a so called upgrade.  
Do you have any solution as to why we get this continuous buffeting. It’s only on the tv channel apps. We have Netflix and Amazon and it doesn’t happen on those. 🤔 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Subtitles within apps are solely down to the broadcaster / developer of each individual app.

The TV Box is a platform, but each app is developed and maintained by the broadcaster, so for example, any content within the ITV X app is produced by ITV, and any subtitles are also provided directly by them.  Some individual apps require subtitles activating within the app itself and this can vary from app to app. For example in the MY 5 app, you would pause the program, then select the letter 'S' at the bottom right to activate subtitles.

With regard to recording, TalkTalk no longer provide a recordable TV Box.  You can record a program via a USB Stick on the Netgem box however the box does only have a single Tuner.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes