cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

New hub and TV and audio are out of sync

Icemountain
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

We have the new TalkTalk hub, only acquired recently.  I much prefer to record as an option (old box), although we do have Disney free through our bank so now I can access it through the new hub.  Also ITVX as that had gone from the old box.

The only problem is that the audio and video are not in sync. This is on the Freeview channels as well as apps.

Never had this problem before, though I have been reading it seems to be a known issue.  

Is there anything I can do, or will it only be a temporary fix?

Thank you.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

If turning off at the mains for a couple of minutes does not resolve, then try the reset as follows :

Unplug the power cable and HDMI cable and hold down front panel button

Now plug back in the power cable and HDMI cable whilst still holding the front panel button down.

Once the Android recovery screen appears you can release the button and complete a factory reset and software upgrades.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hello.  I am not sure what to do and my husband certainly won't.  I am fairly technical and will have a look but prefer step-by-step instructions.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Icemountain

Do you still see this issue after trying the advice from fr8ys ?

If you do, try a reset of the box and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

There is an offset that you can set within settings. I think this is under the sound sub menu.

It's trial and error but you can bring the sound more in line with the video.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).