cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TalkTalk TV box problem.

jimbly
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 27 of 27

I have been in contact via live chat this morning about my TalkTalk tv box problem, which is, I can only get the "no signal" floating graphic on the tv screen. I have tried turning off the box and then back on again, it goes through the set up, but then just to the no signal graphic again. It does not respond to the handset. I have plugged the aerial directly into the TV and there is no problem with the programmes at all.

I have had two attempts at the live chat, the first I got quite a way through with the agent who was going to do some checks on the line to my property and then the chat was disconnected, I tried again and got through to the second agent and only managed to give him my details and the fault, but the chat was disconnected again.

As the aerial signal is not the problem I can only assume that the box is faulty and if so, how do I get a replacement.

Anyone can help please??

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

Hello Karl,  received the new 4k box.  Not sure if I'll be keeping it though. It's not as user friendly as the old box, plus the fact that the recording capability is severely limited means that it doesn't really fulfill my needs.  The reason for the recording for me, is the ability to record two channels at a time and watch a live channel at the same time, so that I don't have to waste time watching adverts that I have no interest in. All the adverts that you have to endure when streaming is not for me.  I'll give it another month, but I think it will have to go back.  Thanks for your help with this.

Jimbly

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

Thanks for that Keith. I managed to get it sorted on another number.

Jimbly

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 27

It is 0345 1725157.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

Hello Karl, could you let me have the Customer Loyalty Team phone number please.

Cheers.

Jimbly.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

Hi

OK, they will not need to renew the contract, but they can discuss adding TalkTalk entertainment for you at £5 per month.  This replaces the former TV charge and covers the rental of the new 4K TV Box.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

Hello Karl, thanks for that.  I renewed my contract last month.

Cheers.

jimbly.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

Hi

If you give our Customer Loyalty Teams a call and request one of the new 4K TV boxes, they can discuss this with you. They will add TalkTalk entertainment to your package and depending on how long is left on your contract, they may discuss renewal with you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 27

Hello Karl, still not working properly, it's doing my head in!  How do I go about getting the replacement 4k box?

Cheers 

Jimbly

0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Hello Karl,

Thanks for that, as soon as it lets me get into settings, I will try it and see how it goes.  If I can't I'll get back to you.

Cheers.

Jimbly

0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

Thanks for that Karl, when it let's me get into settings, I will try that and see if it's any better.

Cheers.

Jimbly

0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

Hi

It is possible the box is starting to fail.  You can try a full factory reset from the settings menu and see if that changes anything, but if not, then the box will have failed.

As we do not provide these box models any more, then it cannot be repaired or replaced.

You may be eligible for one of the new 4K TV boxes.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

Hello Karl, it's gone from bad to unusable now. Can't see any channels now, it's either saying no signal with a black screen or very occasionally a few coloured pixels.  So I can't watch live TV and it continually fails to record because of this.  With the aerial connected direct to the TV there is no problem with the reception at all.

Is the box faulty/breaking down?

Any help please.

Cheers.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

Ok, Thanks for letting me know.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Message 16 of 27

Checked tht Karl, but it still works the same as it did with it switched off.  No signal on tv when switched to aerial input.

Which isn't a problem, if I get a box problem I'll just switch the aerial cable to tv direct.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

Hi

The antenna out function will allow the aerial signal to pass through to you TV so you can use the TV freview option with the aerial signal.

If the no signal message appears on screen, first thing to check is that the HDMI cable is seated correctly, the correct HDMI (source) channel has been selected, and see if you can see any youview menus when pressing any keys on the remote.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Message 18 of 27

Right I've done that.  What is the function of this.

Just to say, that the box would not get past the no signal screen at all yesterday, despite trying numerous times between 8am and 11pm, but this morning the came on as normal and so far is working normally.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 27

Hi

OK, first question, when you select the correct source channel on your TV, do you see the youview menu when pressing the remote ?

To locate the Antenna Out, go to Settings, then picture and quality, and Antenna Out should be the bottom option.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 27

YouView > Settings > Picture & Sound > Antenna out

Turn this on.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?