cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Talktalk TV hub iplayer UHD not working

Ineedhelpfrom
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 72 of 72

Hello 

All

I wanted to ask has anyone got Iplayer UHD working on the TalkTalk TV hub 

Are TalkTalk aware of this ?

Is there any fix for this

Thanks

0 Likes
71 REPLIES 71

Message 61 of 72

And to reiterate, UHD does work in the app, just, it appears not on some TVs.

And as I and @ferguson have said, it lies with the app owner, the box is just the delivery mechanism for providing the service.

The are many versions of the same apps out there.

For example some ITVX apps only provide catch-up and not access to live channels so what works on one device won't work on another.

It's why support for the old YouView box apps is no longer there. The software cannot be run on the hardware the boxes use.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 62 of 72

@Ineedhelpfrom 

I don't understand why you insist if it works on X then it should work on Y, that isn't necessarily the case.

TalkTalk will I am sure take account of your concerns, but in reality responsibility for any capability issues with the app rest solely with the owner, which in this case is of course the BBC. 

0 Likes

Message 63 of 72

I think TalkTalk should log this a fault as well.

I am sure others are experiencing the same issue 

If it works with the netgem box then should work the TV hub box as well

Fixing this will benefit lots of customers 

It can be done in a software update

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 64 of 72

I've had a look through the TV board and can only see one other report (I may have missed some) and that was a person using a computer monitor not a TV.

I did a Google search too, and can see other boards reporting incompatibility with iPlayer and certain TV makes.

The consensus seems to be that following updates the iPlayer does not work with UHD.

As said reporting to the BBC is probably the best solution at the moment.

I will leave it now and let support staff comment further next week.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 65 of 72

Whilst the iPlayer may look the same, the software does vary between appliances. The box is the delivery method for the app. Maybe there is an incompatibility with the app and the box, in which case you have done the correct thing reporting it to the BBC.

For info it may be of interest to detail your TV make and model number.

If my testing was coincidental and there is an issue between box and TV, then for info my TV that does not show UHD content is a Samsung.

As said wait for support staff next week. I've run out of ideas except

0 Likes

Message 66 of 72

I am using the supplied HDMI cable

TV UHD is on automatically

I have sent a support ticket to BBC Iplayer as well

The  iplayer app on the Netgem Box would be the same version on the TV Hub 

So If it works on the Netgem box it should work on the TV Hub as well 

The TV  Hub box is doing all the communicating, The Tv is just a screen 

I have seen others having issues with Iplayer UHD with the TV hub

0 Likes

Message 67 of 72

Have you got to turn on UHD on your HDMI port? Some TVs require the resolution to be changed.

Are you using a 4k rated HDMI cable?

Search your TV model number in Google to see if you need to do anything to get UHD compatible devices to work properly.

Failing that wait for support staff next week to  offer further advice.

0 Likes

Ineedhelpfrom
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 68 of 72

My TV Is compatible 

I have seen others that are having the same issues as me on the forum

0 Likes

Message 69 of 72

The TV Hub as explained will only show content your TV can play. There is some software in there, either at box level or App level that identifies your TVs capabilities.

It is not a fault. Support staff switched a box recently for someone and the results were the same.

I was asked to test the box on my TVs and the results confirmed this.

The Netgem box isn't so cleaver and shows all content.

0 Likes

Message 70 of 72

I borrowed a Netgen box and UHD works on My TV with that box but does not with TV Hub

I know there should be UHD showing on iplayer and it does but only when I used the Netgen box

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 71 of 72

UHD programmes are only shown in the menu if your TV is a 4k one.

I have 2 TVs and UHD programmes show on this, but don't when I swap the box to my HD ready TV 

You also need to use a suitable HDMI cable that carries 4k signals. The supplied cable should do so, but some have used their old one that was in place which was not a 4k capable one.

The TV also needs to tell the box it's 4k. Check your TV to see if you need to "install" equipment. I have to on my LG.

Hope that answers your question.

0 Likes