cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

talktalk tv boxes

Janatarl
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

so Im really frustrated! I've just renewed my contract with TalkTalk. I've been with them constantly for over 20 years.. since they were Onetel in fact! I have one of the Huawei boxes. It's started freezing and failing to record (I have tried all sorts including resetting the box to factory settings) Also, of course, I can't utilise my basic, with adverts, Netflix account. I was under the impression that I could have a new box as part of my new contract, as it is not fit for purpose, but now when I chase up, they want to charge me extra, because the old box isn't supplied anymore. That doesn't seem fair and I'm annoyed that it wasn't explained properly that my new monthly price didn't include a new box. I know I can utilise another streaming device for Netflix but I renewed with TalkTalk because of the TV box and its integration. So now Im left in the lurch.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Morning,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Janatarl
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Thanks, All sorted now at no extra cost just as I thought it should be. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

All packages have TV in the name as this indicates that TV addons can be managed via my Account such as netflic or Not TV etc.

The new TV box cannot be supplied for free and must have TalkTalk entertainment added at £5 per month which will also cover the box rental. If you are interested in this option, speak with our customer loyalty colleagues who can add this for you.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Janatarl
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Yes Karl I pay for Fibre 35 plus talk talk TV thats why i think i should have a replacement for free for my box not have to pay twice? My box has been replaced once before when it failed. Why cant it be replaced now with whatever the current offer is? I pay for Tv as an add on i should be able to get a box replaced shouldn't I?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

The older youview box has not been supplied for a number of years now, but there has been a TV charge in place for a few years, this has not changed.  There is a charge of £5 per month for TalkTalk TV and the rental of the new TV box, however you can also choose to source your own TV box or device.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes