cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Awaiting payment of money owed to me

Fedup100000
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

So Talk owe me money it is showing on my Bill they agreed to send it weeks ago back to me nothing happened I called again and told it would definitely be sent it didn't come. I use online chat and told it wasn't owing. Tried to email a further complaint and the automated email goes back to calling or online!

Next step is the ombudsman I feel why are they dragging their feet if I owed them money no doubt they would be hounding me 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

That is not my experience of the community, a lot of issues are resolved, the support team here are first class. Humour me, complete your profile details and then wait for a response. What do you have to lose?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Do they actually really respond? Given the previously poor response I would be surprised if they did. Thought this just a talking shop for disgruntled customers, do we have evidence anything happens as a result of posting here?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

OK, I get it. It will help if  you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that the support team can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Yes it is end of service and not a day too soon! I will keep pursuing out of principle. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Money owed to me following end of contract and was promised to be sent Via cheque 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Have you cancelled your Direct Debit? Is the refund/credit due because of an end of service i.e. have you moved to another provider, or some other reason? 

0 Likes

Fedup100000
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 12

Tried to follow your way to get money back and says I can not do it online 😔 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Money is normally refunded via the payment method you use.

How do you pay?

Details on refunds are available on the help pages.

It can be found here

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Requesting-a-refund/ta-p/2205206

Are you still a TalkTalk customer?

Have you deleted details of your payment method?

Have you checked your account under view my bill?

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

What is the refund for?

0 Likes

Fedup100000
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

The person I spoke to assured me a cheque would be in the post and that's what I am waiting for. 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

If you have a credit showing on your account, you need to request a refund.

Staff telling you they have sent the refund is technically correct, but they can only credit your account, as this reduces any incidences of fraud in sending money directly to bank accounts.

If you haven't claimed a refund when the next billing cycle is due, the credit will be used against your bill to reduce it.

In my account under bills, you should see a button to request the refund. If its not there, you should see a message about bring unable to request a refund until your next bill is produced.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes