cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Billing enquiry / total loss of service

mrb97
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi

If necessary my previous: Loss of connection (“provisioning issue”) 

Would appreciate TT responding to my outstanding queries regarding billing and total loss of service compensation as that thread has gone cold, perhaps outside the scope of TT staff in the “fibre” section.

I have had total loss of service continuously since 04 Oct, over three weeks now. Raised fault same day, REP-13461640, which came back as “fixed” one minute later, but no change.

After much effort with online chats, phone calls and my other thread in the “fibre” section, the cause of my total loss issue was identified (errornous copper line “cease” request) which I understand is a one-time operation so neither reversible nor fixable.

Therefore the only option the Loyalty team could offer was to place a new FTTC order, with a new account and contract period. As I am presently out of contract being forced and tied into a new one is not really acceptable, I will reluctantly therefore be moving to a new provider sometime in November.

1. Where do things stand regarding any auto-compensation for this continued period of total loss of service? I notified TT asap with the fault reporting but TT are not able to offer a fix.

2. It seems the “cease” process has put my 8-year-old TT account into a zombie state, still being billed for disconnected services. Latest bill, covering the period 11 Oct —>> 10 Nov I feel needs refunding, I have not and actually cannot make use of said disconnected services for those dates. If not willing to refund, please can you justify why TT billed / placed an outstanding balance request on my account for disconnected services? 

3. Please confirm there will not be further “your have an outstanding balance on your account, and payment is now overdue.” request next billing cycle as an account supplying zero services should not be accumulating chargeable debt.

Thanks for reading.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 8

Hi mrb97

In answer to Q 1+3 

1 Where do things stand regarding any auto-compensation for this continued period of total loss of service? I notified TT asap with the fault reporting but TT are not able to offer a fix.

Auto compensation is only applicable for faults it this case it is not applicable as the line was disconnected.

3 Please confirm there will not be further “your have an outstanding balance on your account, and payment is now overdue.” request next billing cycle as an account supplying zero services should not be accumulating chargeable debt.

There is no balance so will not be sent to any collection agencies.

Regards.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

I'll re-escalate this so we can find out what's going on there, @mrb97.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 8

Replying to myself as it seems I haven’t received a reply to my above questons from last Friday… but do seem to have a refund showing in My Account for the days since total loss of service. Unfortunately it also says account is not eligible.

I’d very much appreciate a reply for my previous questions, #1 and #3 please, an update on why refund balance is ineligible and further to #3, reassurance I won’t be receiving communication from e.g. Moorcroft or Jefferson DCAs for some X or Y charge.

Thanks

5687509D-AE7E-4F98-96B6-3340F6B14395.png11F87387-F6B7-4672-8CDB-CF90B2BE0F36.png

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

@Arne-TalkTalk TT account number was already in Customer ID field, re-added phone even though says disconnected in my account. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

@Gliwmaeden2 wrote:

@mrb97, automatic compensation would normally take 30 days to show up AFTER resolution. 

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2 Unsure how resolution (ie fix?) can be found when services are already disconnected, confirmed here by Chris.

@Gliwmaeden2 wrote:

Talktalk always bills a month in advance. When leaving this continues as normal because, until the service ceases, customers might change their mind.

Everything already indicates services have ceased. Greyed out broadband inactive, similarly telephone. 

25B7C2C5-199C-4B30-A8BE-FE3CAC134830.jpeg460BFAA1-0572-4D87-A2C2-F5F9C60B1AFE.png

@Gliwmaeden2 wrote:

The NEXT bill will reflect any unused days and a refund is sent to My Account. You claim this money back using your current set Direct Debit details, so leave the DD in place until everything is sorted.

Your actual final bill will show a balance of £0.00.

Yes, DD mandate still in place but TT didn’t collect funds on 19th so I have paid by card, email receipt even says: service paid: Broadband and Calls (Disconnected).

DDDD

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi mrb97

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

@mrb97, automatic compensation would normally take 30 days to show up AFTER resolution. 

Arne-talktalk will look into what happens about this when it can't be resolved! 

Talktalk always bills a month in advance. When leaving this continues as normal because, until the service ceases, customers might change their mind.

The NEXT bill will reflect any unused days and a refund is sent to My Account. You claim this money back using your current set Direct Debit details, so leave the DD in place until everything is sorted.

Your actual final bill will show a balance of £0.00.

Don't forget to return equipment and keep track of it via a certificate of posting  / tracking number. Returns bags can be requested via this forum, if you haven't received any. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.