Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for missed engineer visit, despite cancelling and having cancellation confirmed

85chandler
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

I just posted this and it was removed/marked as "spam". Hopefully that was some kind of auto-removal issue and not more TalkTalk incompetence.

As you may have seen from my previous posts, I've had nothing but issues with TalkTalk over the last month since cancelling my service before taking up an offer and reversing the decision and it's at the point now where it's completely ridiculous, there's no hyperbole involved when I say that I've never had so many issues with any service of any kind in my entire life than I have TalkTalk over the last month.

I've had nothing but issues since agreeing to stay with TalkTalk, be it the internet not working, the ridiculous TV stuff that I still haven't heard a peep about and now this latest one, which started back when I was receiving no internet service and I was talking to a live-chat person and them insisting on sending an engineer out because I'd had no service for nearly 2 weeks since agreeing to stay despite the service apparently going "live" and nobody could tell me what the issue was, despite the fact that I didn't want an engineer and told the live-chat person this since a previous engineer had been out the week before and said everything was working fine on this end and that the issue was from TalkTalk. I reluctantly agreed to it because the person clearly didn't appear to know what they were talking about and nobody else had given me a straight answer as to why I was getting no service.

As you'll be able to see from my previous messages, the problem with my service was resolved 3-4 days before before the 2nd engineer was due to come out. I called (within the specified time-limit of one working day) to cancel the appointment and was met with resistance on the phone, being told that I'd be charged for the cancellation, despite not wanting the engineer in the first place and calling within the aforementioned time limit of one working day to cancel. I protested, spelled out the issue again and after being placed on hold, the lady on the phone came back to me and told me that it was ok, the appointment would be cancelled, a note would be left on my account and that I wouldn't be charged for the cancellation, which should never have been an issue in the first place. 

Fast forward to a few days ago and my first bill for the new contract and instead of being £22 as it should be, is £58.86. I checked my online billing and sure enough, there's a missed engineer appointment cancellation fee, where it states "As advised, We've charged you for a missed engineer visit. The engineer visited on 17 September 2021 however was unable to gain access." This is absolutely ridiculous since A. I cancelled, was told it was ok and was assured I wouldn't be charged, which should never have been an issue in the first place since I followed all of your "guidelines", all of which should be either recorded or on your records and B. nobody actually showed up at the house that day since I was in all day anyway, so it's a blatant lie!

I've come to post this here because there's seems to be at least a bit of professionalism here and given the amount of time I've already spent talking to people on the phone who have been next to zero help over the last month, the awful quality of the line and the general ignorance displayed, I feel like I'd wind up screaming at one of them. This is absurd, my opinion of this company has gone through the floor, you literally owe me money and the situation needs fixing ASAP.

9 REPLIES 9

Message 2 of 10

Done that, cheers. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 10

@85chandler, the reply button is not working for anyone at the moment, unfortunately. 

Start a new PM by clicking on @Arne-TalkTalk's avatar/name and you'll see SEND MESSAGE in there on a turquoise background.

Simply start it with "in response to your PM....." & post the information back that way.

For anything not confidential, just keep posting back on this thread as normal. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 4 of 10

thanks for the response, I've completed the steps laid out in the PM but can't reply to you through PM's, the reply box is there but there's no functioning option to actually send the response in there, no send button, pressing enter doesn't work etc.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 10

Thanks, @Arne-TalkTalk. Just picked that up just now, so you will see the PM that I sent back! 😊

Message 6 of 10
0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi @85chandler

I can help I first need to confirm some security questions. 

I have sent you a PM on the community. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

ahh thank you, I did initially black out the names, address etc the first time I posted it but I must have uploaded the original this time accidently.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

@85chandler, I've removed the bill that you attached as it displayed both your account number and your landline phone number, both of which should never be visible from the public pages.

Staff will be able to identify your account from your completed community forum profile details. 

Please look out for their response next week. They reply during the day, Monday to Friday.