cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Openreach auto compensation not received and TalkTalk customer support has wrong information

Igneous1903
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

As per my previous posts on this saga. I reported on 11th january that I lost service on the 10th of janaury. Service was restored on 24th january. I am due 15 days of compensation and have waited the full length of time (and more) to receive it. I am leaving talk talk this billing month and want it paid before I go. Please help.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Igneous1903

I have asked the Auto compensation team to investigate,

Fault was logged on the 11th (wed) so the Thurs/Friday are exempt as is the 1st weekend so Auto comp starts Monday 16th though to 24th = 9 days

Once the investigation is complete you will receive an SMS/Email.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the reply,

The fault was confirmed by the engineer to be on the pole and on a connection before the master socket. He confirmed that both were part of the Openreach network and not my responsibility. I should be due 13 days at £8.40 per day, credited to my account within 30 days of a fault being resolved. We are now past 60 days. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

@Igneous1903, I'll move this to the billing section for you. 

Even when compensation is awarded, it doesn't include the first couple of days. Precise details here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Screenshot_20230328-110310_Chrome.jpg

So it won't be 15 days x £8.40.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes