cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Alienware Laptop Causing Internet Drop

Firmware_Needed
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 27 of 27

Hi,

I recently purchased an Alienware x17 R2 laptop and whenever I connect it to the network the internet drops for every device and I have to restart the router, does anybody have an advice? 

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 21 of 27

It’s not just the laptop though, when I connect the laptop to the network all devices on the network get effected and even when I disconnect the laptop I don’t get internet until I reboot router. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 27

It sounds to me as though there is a fault on this network card, can you try it on another person's WiFi & see if you get the same results?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 27

yeah it is lol, it’s just the network card it’s called KillerWiFi. Instead of the normal Intel WiFi card; I guess it’s a more ‘gamer’ aimed WiFi card I’m not sure.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 27

What is this killerwifi system exactly, because when you connect this laptop, it is certainly killing your Wi-Fi?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 27

Hi Keith,

the IP address is configured automatically. It’s connected via WiFi with some killerwifi system that it has. My router just says Talktalk WiFi hub on it Sagemcom.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 27

How is it connecting, via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable, does it have a static IP address configured on the laptop? Which make/model of TalkTalk router do you have?

Keith

0 Likes