cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband speed slower than guaranteed customer service can't seem to help fibre is not available to

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I have been so frustrated with my download speed of less than1Mb when I am guaranteed 2.1Mb.

This has gone on at least from last March .

I have contacted customer service. They went an engineer who rewired my home.

It made no difference.

they sent a so called broadband boost engineer. He didn't come to the home and if made no difference.

I just get emails saying the problem is resolved.

But it is not. Why don't they inform me that they can't improve it.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi fred,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault so I've optimised the connection now to try and increase the broadband speed. Can I just confirm, does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Michelle

I went through all the questions with Customer Service on 12 September.

They arranged for an engineer to come 16 September.

He rewired My home changing the junction box on the outside of my home.

He suggested that TalkTalk send a broadband boost engineer.

At this time the speed increased from 0.87Mb to 1.2Mb for 2 days then returned to 0.87Mb .

After another call to customer service a boost engineer was sent.

He didn't come to the home but did something to the line but it made no difference to the speed.

I know I can't expect a fast speed but my guaranteed speed of 2.1Mb is surely not too much to ask.

If TalkTalk can't give me more than 1Mb they should be fair and tell me so.

Fred

Highlighted

Hi fred,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-checked the connection stats and I can see a really high number of errored seconds on the line and the sync speed has reduced again. Have you also tested with a different router?

If you've already tested with a different router at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange another engineer visit. Would you like us to arrange this for you?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Michelle

TT sent me a new router on 25 march as a"loyal customer" .

I'm using the test socket even though it made no difference to the broadband speed.

It won't do any good sending another engineer as the last one gave my home a clean bill of health.

I now seem to be running an even slower speed at 0.64Mb.

Fred

Highlighted

Hi fred,

I'm sorry to hear this. When the line test is clear and different equipment has been tested at the test/master socket then the only option we have is to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. Is the voice service also clear with no noise on the line?

Thanks