cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Cannot Access Yorkshire BS Webpage

jaddi
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 26 of 26

Hi. Yesterday morning I found I couldn't access this site. Has been working fine earlier in the week and no issues accessing other web sites. Same today on both PC and phone and using both Edge and Chrome. However, if put my phone on 4G it opens fine so looks like it's a broadband issue. Have temporarily disabled "Scam Protection" and no difference. KIds safe is off anyway. Also tried rebooting routing router and no better. HELP PLEASE!  

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming. We're just waiting to hear back from the team to see if they had identified any issues.

Thanks

0 Likes

jaddi
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 2 of 26

@Karl-TalkTalk @martswain   Just tried it now and working OK on Laptop and Phone.  Similarly, I have not made any changes and router has not re-synced toady. Thanks for taking prompt action on this Karl.

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 26

@Karl-TalkTalk  and @jaddi , just back from my 1600m swim and the site loads fine, no changes here, router has not reconnected or been rebooted, my IP address is the same as when I first posted.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

@KeithFrench wrote:

We are really talking about the WAN DHCP servers, not the ones handed by the router's DHCP server to its devices.

OK, in which case my Hub connects to the site with no problem, using Chrome on a MacBook.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

Hi Jaddi,

i've passed your traceroute across to our Network teams asking if there have been any routing changes that may affect this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 26

We are really talking about the WAN DHCP servers, not the ones handed by the router's DHCP server to its devices.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 26

@martswain from a command line in Terminal on my MacBook:

scutil --dns | grep 'nameserver\[[0-9]*\]'

nameserver[0] : 8.8.8.8
nameserver[1] : 208.67.222.222
nameserver[0] : 8.8.8.8
nameserver[1] : 208.67.222.222

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 26

@ferguson those are the DHCP servers on the routers, you cannot change DNS servers !

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 26

You can change the DNS servers in the Huawei Hub:

Screenshot 2022-06-16 at 12.45.24.png

0 Likes

jaddi
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 10 of 26

Sent route

0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Hi Jaddi,

Can you PM a traceroute to ybs.co.uk

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 26

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk this was in my original bug report.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 13 of 26

Hi

OK, no problem.  

@jaddi, I'm doing some testing here and will reply soon.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

@Karl-TalkTalk  as @KeithFrench  said in post #8 and as I have found by searching other (old) topics the Huawei DG8041W does not allow the user to change the DNS settings.

Firmware version is v.1.05t which is as it came out of the box.

Not sure what router/firmware @jaddi is using so to avoid any confusion, I'll stop posting now as the issue is not mine.

Regards to you all.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Hi @martswain

Will it allow you to overwrite the DNS settings with 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

jaddi
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 16 of 26

I have done the thing with Kids Safe and then tried again just now with both that and Scam protection turned off. Still doesn't work on Lap Top or phone.

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 26

Still no luck for me,

Huawei Hub is using these

DNS Servers:79.79.79.77,79.79.79.78
0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

Hi @jaddi

Can you try and access now ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 26

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk @martswain 

On the Huawei, you can't change the network DNS servers. As you suspect it will be using the TalkTalk ones, but this can be checked by going to:-

Dashboard > See Internet Settings > Manage advanced settings > System Info > WAN Information

In there click on the appropriate connected WAN link & the WAN Information page expands to give more information on that link, including the DNS servers that it is using.

Keith

Message 20 of 26

Hi  @martswain

you can change DNS in the Huawei Hub, but I cant remember which part of the settings it's under.  @KeithFrench - can you remember which part of the huawei hub the DNS settings are under ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes