cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Dead router, how to replace?

rilian
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

My WiFi hub seems to be broken. How might I arrange a replacement?

It's the WiFi Hub, and all it does is endlessly blink an orange light. Not only is there no Internet but the router no longer appears on the network, even with a wired connection so I can't log on to it. I've done a factory reset, I've left in powered down for some time, used the test socket, tried new cables but the issue is unchanged. I have an old talktalk router from years ago and that works with the same socket / cables, but performance is poor and I'm sure it's insecure from being years out of date. So, that old router proves the line, cables, general environment are fine but the WiFi Hub just blinks at me and sulks, whatever I do.

Coincidentally it's been unstable for a few weeks requiring daily power cycling, but advice here was it's maybe a firmware bug and I should arrange a remote update. The unit has died before I could do that. Thanks!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi rilian

That's great 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 6

Received, many thanks. That was fast! I've not yet set it up as today I'm traveling with work but it's good to know I'll be back online when I return. 

Message 3 of 6

Hi rilian

How are you getting on, have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

Debbie

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi rilian

I'm sorry to hear this.

I have ordered you a replacement router and a returns bag for your current router.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi @rilian,

The support team here will be able to arrange a replacement router for you, but they probably won't be around until Tuesday. If you wanted to try to get it sorted before then you may get faster support from the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 during opening hours.