cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Disconnections daily

adrian555155
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 29 of 29

Hi, after one and a half month of no disconnects I've started having issues again. Last time it was due to some phone line fault which you guys have fixed. 

As of 17th May, my Internet disconnected once and I was put on interleaved, ever since its been disconnecting almost daily, sometimes twice a day, I was then recently put on the even more stable profile with higher latency and even slower speeds but it still proceeded to disconnect daily, TT status page said 'your broadband connection could be improved' and said that there was intermittent disconnects taking place. 

Recently tried turning router off for over 30 minutes which didn't help. Then last Friday I connected to a test socket and left it there over the weekend, it's still connected to it, since then there have been no disconnects for two days, and service page says I've got a healthy connection. Dlm still not made my any changes though. 

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 1 of 29

Hi

this is the profile at this moment as reported via Openreach when testing. We have no immediate control over the profile and it may change however this cannot be guaranteed.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

adrian555155
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 2 of 29

Historically it's come back to a faster profile as long as the line remains stable with no disconnects. Just over a month ago I was on fast path until disconnects started happening. I trust it will come back as there were no disconnects for 7 days. Also interleaving can't be low when I went from 18upload to 13up, 59 download speed to 50-53 and ping went from 6 to 23-26

0 Likes

Message 3 of 29

Hi

The profile itself is set at 80 Downstream / 20 upstream Interleaving Low, so DLM has set this as the best determined profile for the line so this may not change.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

adrian555155
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 4 of 29

What do you mean, I'm not talking about the package, I know I'm on 80/20, I'm talking about the DLM profileike fast path and interleaved, I'm currently on the extra Interleaved profile, which has added 20ms latency, and reduced download and upload speed. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 29

Hi

The DLM profile is showing currently as 80/20 and has been set this way from 28th, so the profile is correct and cannot increase further.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

adrian555155
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 6 of 29

Yeah that's good, sadly tho after 7 days of stability the DLM still not changed profiles, perhaps there are still many errors? Are you able to check error count? 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 29

Hi,

Thanks for trying this and I'm glad to hear that the throughput speed has improved.

Thanks

0 Likes

adrian555155
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 8 of 29

Had the router turned for bit longer than 30 minutes, speed test shows 53.6 down 13.8 up. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 29

Hi adrian555155

The line is in sync at 56mb. Please can you try a 30 minute power down of the router (please only try this once) and then run a speed test?

0 Likes

adrian555155
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 10 of 29

Just ran a speed test, 45.51mbps down and 13.28mbps up.

The download speed is a one off though usually it is 50

0 Likes

Message 11 of 29

Hi adrian555155

What speed are you currently receiving?

0 Likes

adrian555155
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 12 of 29

No disconnections since, sadly still on the slow stable profile

0 Likes

Message 13 of 29

Hi adrian555155

How has the connection been since your last post? I can't see any re connections on the line.

Thanks

Message 14 of 29

Hi adrian555155

Thank you. I will post back on this thread again on Friday.

Debbie 🙂

adrian555155
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 15 of 29

Yes that's okay thanks, hopefully it will remain stable. If it disconnects again I will try connecting again to test socket and leave it for longer than last time, as I would really want to rule out if that's a problem. 

Message 16 of 29

Hi adrian555155

This may have been DLM adjusting the profile.

The connection has remained stable since this date. I will check the connection stats again on Friday to see if there are any further re connections, will this be ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

adrian555155
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 17 of 29

Yes, first disconnect when I reconnected the faceplate and later that evening the Internet disconnected by itself.

Message 18 of 29

Hi adrian555155

The line test is not detecting any issues and your line is in sync at 56mb.

I can see 2 re connections on 02/06 was this when you re connected the faceplate?

0 Likes

adrian555155
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 19 of 29

Yes please

Message 20 of 29

Hi adrian555155

Would you like me to run a line test and check the connection logs?

0 Likes