cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Down from 50mbps to 10

Omniash
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hi,

Can anyone help? I have spoken to online chat twice and after doing so for 2 hours I haven't gotten anywhere.

Since the start of December my speed has dropped from 50-60mbps to 10. This is proving completing essential work for my job difficult.

Thank you.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Omniash

I can see a router has been ordered for you and should be with you soon.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 12

If you are getting slow speed test results on a wired device, then have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes ?, this will ensure you get a new session when you switch it back on.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Late reply but.

I have done all this. still getting 10. I have been on live support chat for a total of 6 hours now with them still "doing checks". I will like a new router for free as it is 100% this issue. Can someone confirm?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi Omniash

If you could check directly wired to the router this will at least rule out a wireless issue if the speed over the wire is approximately the same as the wireless speed

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Chris.

Yes I am. A test I just completed shown 17 Megabits per second. I have also tested the wifi from my phone stood right next to the router and I get 20 Megabits per second. At the weekend I can try a direct wired connection but I don't see how this will be any different.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Omniash,

Line test is clear and router is currently in sync at 56.7Mbps, are you still seeing slow throughput speeds?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Yes that is the number that appears on my account. I do not use a landline phone however.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Morning,

Just to confirm, is the telephone number in your Community Profile correct? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi Michelle,

I have completed the above. I am still getting extremely slow speeds.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi @Omniash,

Are you referring to the router sync speed, or a speed test result that has dropped in speed. If it is a speed test, then are you doing this from a wired or wireless device, it is best to use a wired device to get accurate results.

If you were referring to a speed test result that has dropped to 10mbps then if you log into your router to check your sync speed has this dropped as well ?.

If the sync speed is still good, but your speed test results are much lower, then try switching the router off for over 30 minutes to get a new session in the street cabinet.

If your sync speed is also low then it would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem (although you may need to leave the router connected at the test socket for 72+ hours before you would start to see a speed increase if this was the cause of the problem).

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes