cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Eero and grandstream VOIP

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 49

Has anyone been successful with VOIP through eero and Grandstream adaptor. Had futurefibre 150 installed 10 days ago, there was a fault outside the house which has 'apparently' been repaired but internet still drops out and VOIP phone is a disaster.  Phone sometimes has dial tone but does not ring out, sometimes has engaged tone, sometimes the phone is dead and sometimes if you do manage to make a call it suddenly goes dead.  I have been told that the eero and grandstream have been trialed successfully but no-one seems to know much about them including the technical team.  They are sending be a different talktalk wifi hub.

I'm concerned that it might still be a fault on the new fibre installation and not the equipment.

I previously had fibre35 through the old copper telephone wire and had no problems with broadband just a crossline on the telephone which I hoped this new fibre would solve.

48 REPLIES 48

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 49

Yes please, I have tried to get them this morning but just keeps ringing out.  The internet has been extremely slow all weekend and phone hasn't worked for more than a couple of calls.  

0 Likes

Message 22 of 49

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Would you like us to try and arrange for someone from the Future Fibre Team to contact you directly?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 49

Router arrived Saturday afternoon and SURPRISE SURPRISE IT WAS YET ANOTHER EERO.  Not amused.  But I set it up, took me over an hour and SURPRISE SURPRISE IT IS NO DIFFERENT. Pages won't load, internet drops out and telephone is a complete waste of time - either rings engaged or drops out of call.  This is a useless service.

I thought I was getting a WifiHub2 to see if that would solve the fault.  I now have 3 Eeros and a Wifihub with no telephone socket.

I will repeat again I NEVER had any of these problems on fibre35 through my old copper landline.  

0 Likes

Message 24 of 49

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. We will check back in with you on Monday to see if the router has arrived.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 49

HI Chris this afternoon I have been unable to access some sites because page won't load and been redirected too many times.

Also one strange thing that happened last night and again now on my phone, my location from IP address in usually a local address Wolverhampton but since last night my IP location is Milford Haven .  Last week I noticed it was somewhere down South, Chichester maybe but I didn't pay much attention.  Also couldn't immediately get onto this site as error came up as 'network change'.  

0 Likes

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 49

Thank you. Much appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 49

OK thanks. As you've still not received the wifi hub 2 I've ordered another, apologies for the delay

Chris

0 Likes

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 49

Haven't used internet today apart from replying to you.  Phone appeared to work once but dropped out mid conversation and then would only give engaged signal. Will let you know what happens this afternoon.  Any joy with knowing why we are not being sent a hub2?

0 Likes

Message 29 of 49

OK thanks. How has it been so far today?

Chris

0 Likes

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 49

sorry Chris, could only see the light on the top of the Eero from where I was sitting at my laptop.  The light went red for about twenty seconds, maybe more, I was browsing internet for BBC news and all sorts of error messages were coming up ending in 'no internet' which made me look at eero. 

0 Likes

Message 31 of 49

Hi Gleha,

Did you notice if the lights changed on the ONT when the connection dropped?

Chris

0 Likes

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 49

Chris I would also like to add that this evening, Wednesday 23 March, Internet has dropped out repeatedly.  Pages wouldn't load in browser, Eero router light changed to red as computer said 'no internet'.  I cannot remember this happening at all when I was on the fibre 35 through the old copper telephone wire.  We are not running loads of devices, there are 2 of us with 1 laptop, one android tablet and 1 chromebook, not exactly pushing it to the limit.  Of course phone line is not working either.

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 49

No Chris, no router has arrived.  

Just to go over what has happened to date.  I went on to the chatline before installation day to ask when my new equipment would arrive.  I was told (I have the transcript printed out) that the wrong equipment had been sent to me - that is an eero and voice adaptor which wouldn't work because there weren't enough ports on the eero - Alisha (chat line') said what I needed was a wifihub2 and she would send me one hopefully in time for installation (not being a techie I didn't query this) NO wifihub2 ever arrived.

Engineer came to install, he said talk talk did not have VOIP which confused me even more, he said I would still be able to use old phone line.  He left and phone was working on old line.

I rang fibre team they said I had correct equipment and we set it up.  Phone on new fibre  did not work and Internet kept dropping out, too late to ring team as it was late Friday.  Monday morning phone would not work anywhere.

Rang fibre team - there was a fault on the line outside the house.  This was no rectified until the Friday, twice they said they had corrected it without coming to the house but eventually they came and repaired the installation.  Those engineers tried to get phone to work through adaptor,  swopped cables, rebooted etc.  It worked for 2 calls and has been intermittent since.  Internet regularly drops out - something we never had through the  old telephone line.

Phoned fibre team lots of discussion, couldn't find another fault on the line.Eventually Fabio suggested a Wfiihub2, I thought this was  a downgrade but he said not, I agreed to try it (desperate)  I really need my landline.

Wifihub arrived within 2 days but it was not a wifihub2, we discovered then  when we tried to connect phone and no socket for it.  Rang fibreteam, they explained what socket should be there but wasn't, promise me a hub2.

Eero arrived!!!  Phoned again , many apologies and promised me that their manager would OK a wifihub2 - that was last Thursday, she said that as it was before 4pm (it was pm) it might come Friday.

NOTHING has come.  I'm not even sure a Wifihub2 will cure the complaint.

I have been with Talktalk/tiscali for over 20 years and this is really upsetting me.

Is there something in your systems that changes orders after they have been sanctioned by the team and refuses to send out wifihub2s.

If you can't get to the bottom of this Chris, please can you let me know how to escalate my complaint.

Thank you.

Message 34 of 49

Hi Gleha,

Has the router been delivered today?

Chris

0 Likes

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 49

Thanks Chris.  I have not received router today, I did contact the fibre team and they say that a request had been made from them last week but they do not have a tracking number.  I note that previous wrong router that arrived had a 48 hour tracking label and was marked as delivering on Mon-Sat so now we are at 4 working days of non -delivery.  Of course it may still arrive today.  Surely there must  be a way from your end to see if a router has gone out to my address in the last 4 days.  Anyway, you have said that you will follow up on this and I trust you will do that, thank you.

Message 36 of 49

Hi Gleha,

Could you let me know if you don't receive the router tomorrow and we'll look into it further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 37 of 49

Hi Gleha,

You should really have received the router by now. I'll look into it and get back to you

Chris

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 49

Monday 21  we were told Thurs 17th a wifihub2 would be on its way to us and because it was before 4pm (it was 3pm), it might arrive Friday.  It hasn't arrived yet, (4pm) Monday. I realise it could be 3 to 5 working days but just want it posted here to draw attention to not yet having it.  As this is the 3rd promise I am wondering if there is no stock of them. Meanwhile because phone line only works occasionally I am now getting notification that I am close to using all the minutes in my mobile plan. 

Message 39 of 49

Hi Gleha,

I'm sorry about this, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 49

We were expecting a wifihub2  for the second time having received a wifihub (not with ata phone socket).  We received another Eero instead.  

Not amused.  Have spoken to fibre team and they have promised a Hub2. 

We have broadband issues and phone issues.  

If this does not work I want to go back to the Fibre 35 through my old copper line and complain bitterly about the crossline on the telephone and try to get that resolved.