Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Ethernet Connection from router

Funky-Gibbons
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 10

I have the TalkTalk Sagemcom wi-fi hub that keeps losing broadband via ethernet connection to my devices,  when I reboot it all is ok for 30 - 60 minutes and then the connection goes again,  wireless connection stays on without any problem,  I have also used the factory reset but this hasn't resolved it. The light indicator is solid white.

Anyone got any suggestions apart from throw it in the bin 😂 (only joking, I recycle responsibly)

Ready to learn something new today
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Funky-Gibbons

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Funky-Gibbons
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 10

@Debbie-TalkTalk The router arrived on Saturday,  I connected it and issue now seems to be resolved, thanks again 🤝

Message 3 of 10

Hi Funky-Gibbons

The Huawei WIFI hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Funky-Gibbons
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 10

That would be great @Debbie-TalkTalk thank you,  hopefully that will resolve the problem. 

Message 5 of 10

Hi Funky-Gibbons

Apologies for this.

Would you like me to send a Huawei WIFI hub for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

Funky-Gibbons
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 10

Ahhh didn't know about the Huawei, thanks again 👍 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 10

There is a different Wi-Fi hub made by Huawei that looks pretty much the same as the Sagemcom, and performance is also very similar, the Huawei also doesn't have the known issue with DNS, so the staff here may suggest trying that as a replacement. But yep, happy to post the details on the settings you can change on the Sagemcom if you decide you want to try that after the staff have responded tomorrow.

Funky-Gibbons
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 10

Thanks for your reply @Skynet_TX I will wait to see what one of the OCE's has to say but may still return to take you up on your offer if it still stands.

It is weird that it's only effecting the ethernet connections and I  would prefer to keep the hub than have it exchanged for an alternative router with a weaker Wi-Fi signal if there is the possibility of a fix, assuming that it hasn't just developed a fault, which of course it may have done. 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Funky-Gibbons,

You may be experiencing a known issue that affects the DNS service of the router. TalkTalk are currently working on a new version of the firmware that will fix that issue, but they have not confirmed when this will be released. Although as you are only having issues with wired devices it might not be being caused by this known issue.

If you are comfortable with logging into the router and changing some settings then I could give you details of something you could do that might work around the known issue, so if it is that issue causing your problem then that might resolve it for you. If you would rather not do this then the staff here will be able to offer further help, they may be able to provide a replacement router of a different type for you. They should be able to respond tomorrow to assist further.