cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Reduced synch sped

47 REPLIES 47
Conversation Starter

Hey guys, could someone check my IP profile as my synch speed has dropped to 28Mb, I'm paying for Faster Fibre product, I used to average 38-mid 40s.  I tried support but they can't seem to grasp the difference between synch and throughput and get you running irrelevant tests.  They then cut me off which was annoying.  Thanks.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi braindeed,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? Does your master socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

Conversation Starter
Strangely, that night at around 3am the router disconnected and reconnected at it's more usual 37Mb, an increase of 10Mb without me changing anything, proving the issue was not internal as I'd been saying.

Hi braindeed

Apologies for the delay.

Has the connection been ok since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

Conversation Starter

Hi, I had a period where it settled back to the high 30s but now it's at 26Mb, which, seeing as I'm paying for the up to 70Mb~ is a bit crap.  

Hi braindeed,

Sorry for the delay. One of the line tests has detected a potential voice fault and the connection looks unstable over the last 24hrs. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone as this can affect the broadband connection?

Does your master socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

Conversation Starter
Hi, sorry for the long delay getting back myself. I've had intermittent severe packet loss, up to 75% and connection seems stuck at 29999Kbps or even lower!. This has been the issue for most of this year now and quite frustrating as I can't even have two Netflix streams going and I'm paying for the 38Mbps plus service which it used to do. The router (Disapointed that the one sent is not actually the latest super model I was promised by support) is now in the test socket in the master socket which was a major inconvenience and no change, 29999kbps. I've not tried voice as I don't have a phone to try it with.
Philosopher

A line fault can seriously degrade broadband performance.

Suggest you borrow a phone and make sure you have a dial tone, no odd noises and the ability to make and receive calls.

Martin

Hi braindeed,

Are you able to borrow a telephone as martswain suggest, to check your line?

Chris

Conversation Starter

I've gone out and bought a phone and unsurprisingly it works fine, called your HD freephone number and it was lovely and clear.  My IP profile is still stuck at 29999kbps and it is still freezing up and major packet loss, router is still directly into Microfilter into test socket in master socket.  FWIW the wifi on this router is abysmal also.

Hi braindeed,

Thanks for trying the phone. Just to confirm, have you tested with a second router?

Chris

Conversation Starter
No, I haven't. Send me one of your fancy new ones and I'll be happy to.

Sorry I can only send the HG633 or 3782, do you have a preference?

Conversation Starter
Hg633 please

OK, I've ordered that, it should be with you within a day or two but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Chris

Conversation Starter

Hi Chris,

New router received today so thanks for that.  I've installed it using new MF and new RG11 however same issue of course, my synch speed is still 29996kbps.  This one is also into test port in master socket.

Hi braindeed,

Could you leave the new router connected to the test socket for at least 48 hours to give DLM chance to react to any improvement in connection stats and move you to a faster profile

Chris

Conversation Starter
Certainly, no problem. On the bright side the WiFi is markedly better on the HG633.

OK thanks, can you bump the thread on Friday and we'll see how you're getting on 🙂

Chris

Conversation Starter
Hi, The connection dropped and reconnected Thursday night at around 2.50am at a slightly lower speed of 29845Kbps. I've not detected any packet loss per se however currently my throughput is maxing out at around 300KBps which is pretty awful. The router is still in Masters test socket.