Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Broadband Speed - 30% Below guaranteed speed

McParland57
Conversation Starter
Message 53 of 53

After at least a week or so of slow speeds I ran a speed check yesterday and today on my line and got the result below.  Since the guaranteed line speed is 54mb can you please check the line for me please?

McParland57_0-1632488037507.png

-----
I've been to a post-punk, postcard fair.
0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52

McParland57
Conversation Starter
Message 21 of 53

Hi Chris

My instruction from the first visit still stands.   This is not a new problem.  It's a continuation of the initial problem.

I've not done anything to make it worse.  

It annoys me that TalkTalk are more interested in some measly process to ensure that costs get pushed on to me rather than fix the issue.  All I've seen  Talktalk so far is, "wait and see" with no explanation as to what is going on.

Please proceed. 

-----
0 Likes

Message 22 of 53

If you'd like me to arrange the engineer visit can confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

McParland57
Conversation Starter
Message 23 of 53

Chris, I still want TalkTalk to fix the problem.  Why would that have changed?  How you choose to do this is beyond my knowledge.  You do what you know best?

-----
0 Likes

Message 24 of 53

OK, would you like me to arrange another engineer visit?

Chris

0 Likes

McParland57
Conversation Starter
Message 25 of 53

I'd like you to fix the issue I raised please.  I don't understand how waiting will help, since the "fix" actually made it worse. and nothing has settled down in the last 48 hours.

McParland57_0-1634292676607.png

-----
0 Likes

Message 26 of 53

Hi McParland57,

Sorry to hear that it's no better

I've run the line test again and it's still showing clear 

The speed to your router at the moment is actually 30.7Mbps, there was a profile change in the early hours of the morning

Would you like us to arrange another engineer now or would you like to leave it over the weekend to see if there's any improvement?

Chris

0 Likes

McParland57
Conversation Starter
Message 27 of 53

It's no better guys. It's actually worse than before "the fix"

1) I've used the Talktalk line checker and it seems to think I still have a fault, I thought you said it had cleared?

2) I don't understand how "the speed to my router" can stay the same, after the fix, but the "speed to my device" has dropped significantly since nothing has changed between the router and device.

McParland57_0-1634283980814.png

-----
0 Likes

Message 28 of 53

OK, that's fine. If there's no improvement just let us know

Chris

0 Likes

McParland57
Conversation Starter
Message 29 of 53

I can do, but it's not going to be until 6pm tonight, at the earliest

thanks

-----
0 Likes

Message 30 of 53

Hi McParland57,

The connection looks stable now so could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. If the speed doesn't improve we'll arrange another engineer visit

Chris

0 Likes

McParland57
Conversation Starter
Message 31 of 53

Well I would like you to fix the problem please.  I now have a slower speed than when I reported the issue.

I'm also interested why your system thinks I got 40MB yesterday? It performed no where near that for the majority of the day.

McParland57_0-1634196387853.png

-----
0 Likes

Message 32 of 53

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test now which is still clear. Would you like us to arrange another engineer visit?

Thanks

0 Likes

McParland57
Conversation Starter
Message 33 of 53

Thanks for monitoring this thread.  Back on line for c30 minutes  Not good though..... 8Mb download. 

UPDATE

9:37 LOST CONNECTION AGAIN.

9:55 Connection returned. 

McParland57_0-1634141309561.png

-----
0 Likes

Message 34 of 53

Could you monitor this evening and let us know tomorrow how you get on. Hopefully it should settle down but if not then unfortunately we'll have to arrange another engineer visit, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

McParland57
Conversation Starter
Message 35 of 53

Thanks for the quick response. Good news about the fault, but I currently have no connection. This is the 3rd time it's dropped since the "fix".

Been out for 10 minutes at the moment. Really awkward as I'm trying to work from home.

-----
0 Likes

Message 36 of 53

The loop fault appears to be fixed as the line test is now passing. DLM will monitor the connection over the next few days and hopefully move you to a faster line profile as the line stats should be better following the repair 

If speeds fall below the minimum guaranteed speed then we can log this out to Openreach for investigation, but it's correct that slow speeds aren't covered by Auto compensation

Chris

0 Likes

McParland57
Conversation Starter
Message 37 of 53

I thought it would be instantaneous? As in, fix the problem and the speed increases.  

Could you explain why it would take time and confirm if there is still a loop fault showing on my line please? 

Also, am I right in thinking that Talktalk Speed guarantee only enables someone to leave the service, rather than any financial repayment?

-----
0 Likes

Message 38 of 53

Hi McParland57,

Thanks for the update, hopefully over the next couple of days you'll see a speed improvement but if not just let us know.

Chris

McParland57
Conversation Starter
Message 39 of 53

Hi Chris

Engineer has been and replaced the front/backplate of my phone socket.  Router was down for 30 minutes.  Speed does not seem to have improved.  Still under 40 on the TalkTalk test and under 30 on the Ookla.

McParland57_0-1634123224255.png

-----
0 Likes

Message 40 of 53

I've booked the appointment for October 13 2021, AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris