cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow broadband-reset SNR?

eliteman
Team Player

No we have done tests with other routers.

I still have my old DSL-3780 router. I am back at home at about 2pm. I will reconnect this old router to the test socket then and then message you when I have done this.

It if still shows a fault and an engineer needs to come, will that mean I am likely to be charged, as the fault has occurred only when a router is plugged in?

Community Team

Hi eliteman,

Ok thank you. It may be a fault with the master socket, however we wouldn't be able to confirm this or advise if this was chargeable until the engineer has done their full investigation. 

Thanks

eliteman
Team Player

Sorry that should have read no we have not done tests with other routers previously. 

eliteman
Team Player

Sorry my message should have read no we have not done previous tests with another router.

Lets try the old  DSL-3780 router at about 2.30pm?

Community Team

Hi

A router is on the way to you for testing.  When you connect this up, please make sure you use all the new cables and filters also.

Thanks

Karl. 

eliteman
Team Player

Hi,

I have just connected the new router to the test socket with the new cable and filter.

Let me know how the test goes.

eliteman
Team Player

One thing I have noticed is that the Internet always flashes intermittently with every router I have used. I presume that is fine

eliteman
Team Player

As I need to use my landline, I have just disconnected the router from the test socket and connected it to the master socket for tonight.

I will reconnect it to the test socket at 8am tomorrow and let you know when I have done so, for you to do your line test.

eliteman
Team Player

I have just connected the new router with new microfilter and cable to the test socket.

Please update me today as I need to reconnect my landline today.

Community Team

Hi eliteman

Apologies for the delay.

I'm just running the line test now and I will post back shortly.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi eliteman

The line test is now clear. Please can you connect the router back to your usual set up? I can then run another line test.

Thanks

Debbie

eliteman
Team Player

Thanks.

I will aim to connect it back to the usual socket which is not the master socket around 1.30pm, I will let you know once this has done.

Community Team

Hi eliteman

Thank you 🙂 I will then start the test again.

Debbie

eliteman
Team Player

OK, it is now connected to the usual socket (not master socket)

I noticed that the speed fluctuates still. Anything that can be done to keep it stable?

Community Team

Hi eliteman

Thank you. I've completed a further line test which is still clear.

I have now optimised your connection to restart the DLM monitoring process with the new router connected and your line is now showing in sync at just under 16mb.

Please can you post back on this thread on Monday and we can check the connection stats again to see if the connection/speed has remained stable since the optimisation and since the line tests have been clear.

Thanks

Debbie

eliteman
Team Player

Hi,

Please could you check run the planned connection stats again? 

Community Team

Hi eliteman,

Optimisation is now completed and your router is in sync at 15.7Mbps, connection also appears to have been stable over the last few days 

Thanks

Chris

eliteman
Team Player

Hi thank you.

Last night when I got home at 5pm the speed was very low at around 5mbps. This lasted for the whole evening but has returned to normal now. I’m interested to know if you could detect this? I’m presuming it is not my line that caused the slow speeds.

Community Team

Hi eliteman

I've checked the connection stats but I can't see any issues around that time.

Your line is showing in sync at 15.7mb. Did you also test a wired connection to see how the speed compared?

Thanks

Debbie